Pinguino Forum

Full Version: com emulation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The Pinguino IDE works fine allowing to upload the firmware, but using CDC functions, the device is not recognized as an emulated com port as expected.
I successfully used the CDC functions on a different computer, I can't understand what's the difference in the one that I use now; the OS is Windows-XP on both. Do I forget to install any driver?

Many thanks
Hi protoritmo,

CDC is using a special driver to work on windows.
The driver is attached to this post.

Enjoy

Jean-Pierre

(20-10-2011, 10:23 AM)protoritmo Wrote: [ -> ]The Pinguino IDE works fine allowing to upload the firmware, but using CDC functions, the device is not recognized as an emulated com port as expected.
I successfully used the CDC functions on a different computer, I can't understand what's the difference in the one that I use now; the OS is Windows-XP on both. Do I forget to install any driver?

Many thanks

Great.
Thank you Jean-Pierre for your punctual courtesy.

(22-10-2011, 10:25 PM)Jean-Pierre Wrote: [ -> ]Hi protoritmo,

CDC is using a special driver to work on windows.
The driver is attached to this post.

Enjoy

Jean-Pierre

(20-10-2011, 10:23 AM)protoritmo Wrote: [ -> ]The Pinguino IDE works fine allowing to upload the firmware, but using CDC functions, the device is not recognized as an emulated com port as expected.

Many thanks