Pinguino Forum

Full Version: DIY 32Bit board with mini USB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just made a DIY 32bit board with some modifications of my own and I´ll like to share, first I used a mini USB connector because I don´t like the big standard USB connector and last of all I used a zener diode as my voltaje regulator because for some reason none of the suppliers in my country carry a 3.3volt regulator so I had to improvise Big Grin

tinelc

Cool board. Maybe you can share the schematics?
(05-09-2012, 04:30 AM)Alfonso82 Wrote: [ -> ]I just made a DIY 32bit board with some modifications of my own and I´ll like to share, first I used a mini USB connector because I don´t like the big standard USB connector and last of all I used a zener diode as my voltaje regulator because for some reason none of the suppliers in my country carry a 3.3volt regulator so I had to improvise Big Grin

does it work fine just with the zener? I supose the voltage from zener will only source the PIC32. But what happens if I want to use some peripherals such as a max3232 or an GLCD with 3.3V?
Hi tinelc, I just notice that I left my laptop at work and as soon I get it back I'll post the sch. And a pdf file for toner transfer method.

And to awnser your question micro_cadaver I have not used any peripherals with it but it should be fine sourcing 150mA, I only had a chance to test it with the blink.pde code and it works just fine
Here is the schematic and the pdf files for toner transfer method, I corrected the schematic because the original one has an error on pin 15, wich is the VBUS that it needs to be connected to the USB voltage source.

tinelc

Thanks for the share.
(10-09-2012, 09:07 PM)Alfonso82 Wrote: [ -> ]Here is the schematic and the pdf files for toner transfer method, I corrected the schematic because the original one has an error on pin 15, wich is the VBUS that it needs to be connected to the USB voltage source.
Can you please make eagle files for this and attach plz?
(19-11-2013, 05:42 AM)kaizerking Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-09-2012, 09:07 PM)Alfonso82 Wrote: [ -> ]Here is the schematic and the pdf files for toner transfer method, I corrected the schematic because the original one has an error on pin 15, wich is the VBUS that it needs to be connected to the USB voltage source.
Can you please make eagle files for this and attach plz?

Sorry kaikerking, but I don't use eagle
Have you measured the actual voltage to the PIC receives when powered from USB?

I only ask because low voltage Zener diodes are of somewhat questionable accuracy in my experience.