Pinguino Forum

Full Version: Pinguino 18F2550 and bootloader v4.8 : run led ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,

I upgrade my DIY 18F2550 with the last bootloader (v4.8) and i'm suprised, the run led is no longuer on (as it was with v2.12), it only blinks in bootloader mode ! that's a choice or a bug ?

EDIT : In fact my pinguino is not working with bootloader V4.8 ! Is there something to modify in the hardware ?

Thanks
Thierry
Hi Thierry,

(17-04-2013, 09:24 AM)dadwarf Wrote: [ -> ]the run led is no longuer on (as it was with v2.12), it only blinks in bootloader mode ! that's a choice or a bug ?

It's a choice. User led (pin 18 or RA4 on your Pinguino model) is used as Bootloader indicator. It should blink only for 10s when in bootloader mode and then turn off when user's application starts.

(17-04-2013, 09:24 AM)dadwarf Wrote: [ -> ]In fact my pinguino is not working with bootloader V4.8 ! Is there something to modify in the hardware ?
Nothing to change. Can you tell me more about what happens ? Is there any message from the IDE ?
Quote:Nothing to change. Can you tell me more about what happens ? Is there any message from the IDE ?

Hi Régis,

IDE didn't show any error

Quote:Pinguino found ...
- with PIC18f2550 (id=0x1240)
- with USB bootloader v4.8
Writing User Application ...
lcd+temp.hex successfully uploaded
Starting Application ...

The same pde which works with v2.12 doesn't with v4.8 (even just a digitalWrite(0,HIGH); doesn't work, the pin stays low).
Can you try the following code ?

Code:
void setup()
{                
    TRISAbits.TRISA4 = OUTPUT;
}

void loop()
{
    LATAbits.LATA4 = 0;
    delay(50);
    LATAbits.LATA4 = 1;
    delay(50);
}
the run led is blinking ofcourse.
Is the pins assignement is different with v4.8 ?

[Image: PIC18F2550_diagram.png]
If you tried the example I gave you and if it worked then it's neither a hardware nor a bootloader issue. I've just tried with my old Pinguino 4550 and I got the same issue. I think something goes wrong with SFR initialization in main.c.
(17-04-2013, 06:24 PM)regis Wrote: [ -> ]If you tried the example I gave you and if it worked then it's neither a hardware nor a bootloader issue. I've just tried with my old Pinguino 4550 and I got the same issue. I think something goes wrong with SFR initialization in main.c.

Aïe, so what's your conclusion, i'd better return to v2.12 :-(
Or you wait for my fix ...
You could also take a look at the code and help me to find it Wink.

(17-04-2013, 06:46 PM)dadwarf Wrote: [ -> ]
(17-04-2013, 06:24 PM)regis Wrote: [ -> ]If you tried the example I gave you and if it worked then it's neither a hardware nor a bootloader issue. I've just tried with my old Pinguino 4550 and I got the same issue. I think something goes wrong with SFR initialization in main.c.
Aïe, so what's your conclusion, i'd better return to v2.12 :-(
(17-04-2013, 06:50 PM)regis Wrote: [ -> ]Or you wait for my fix ...
You could also take a look at the code and help me to find it Wink.

I 'd like to help you help me :-) but except in PHP, Perl and Bash ... i 'm useless ... So I will wait, thanks a lot Régis !
Hi,
I made some tests yesterday evening and I found only one bug in pin.h
As USERLED (RA4) was defined as pin 18 instead of pin 29, I was unable to blink the built-in led of my Pinguino. That's why I thought I had the same issue as you.
I tried some examples (CDC, LCD, I2C, ...) and everything works.
Please try with last x.4 revision (765) and tell me.
Pages: 1 2