Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problems with PIC32-PINGUINO OTG SD card
19-04-2012, 04:21 PM, (This post was last modified: 19-04-2012, 04:24 PM by mf01.)
RE: Problems with PIC32-PINGUINO OTG SD card
Hi Togz,

if you copy all the files from the SD directory of your working X.3 versions into the corresponding directory in X.2/trunk, together with the X.3 SD.pdl32 file and the X.3 examples for the SD library into their corresponding directories then the SD library should work OK.

Since I wrote my earlier post this morning I have installed r305 x.2 from http://code.google.com/p/pinguino32/downloads/list onto a relatively new Windows 7 laptop. After running PinguinoX.2 rev305 setup.exe, I then ran setup-libusb-win7-8bits.exe which you should find in the Pinguino32X.2/extra folder created by the PinguinoX.2 rev305 setup.

Once that has been done I connected the Pinguino to the computer using a USB lead and put the Pinguino into boot loader mode. This triggered the automatic installation of the necessary drivers for uploading programs to the Pinguino board. You have to make sure that the installation of the drivers has been completed before either disconnecting the board or trying to upload a program. Once the installation of the drivers was complete I was able to transfer a program from the computer to the Pinguino board.

As a side note, the Pinguino board is only seen as a USB device if it is either in boot loader mode or running software that makes use of USB, such as CDC. It may be this that gave you difficulty in getting the board and your computer to talk to each other. It also means that the first time your run a program on the board using CDC additional drivers will probably need to be installed. This was definitely the case when I connected a PIC32 Pinguino OTG to a Windows Vista netbook this afternoon (I did not use the Windows 7 laptop as I did not have a terminal emulator on it - what terminal emulator software are you using ?).

Have you considered using 1-wire temperature sensors such as the DS18B20 for your temperature measurement. Initially they look quite complex to use, but if you only use one sensor per digital input/output they are relatively straightforward, particularly if you use dedicated power rather than parasitic power, and only need one pull-up resistor per sensor. Depending on how many temperature sensors you need, it is possible to use the pads for CONN3 on the PIC32 Pinguino OTG to get access to additional digital input/outputs.

Regards
Board = PIC32-Pinguino-OTG Rev C
OS = Linux Unbuntu 11.10 till 26 Apr 2012
OS = Linux Unbuntu 12:04 from 27 Apr 2012

Messages In This Thread
Problems with PIC32-PINGUINO OTG SD card - by togzball - 18-04-2012, 06:06 PM
RE: Problems with PIC32-PINGUINO OTG SD card - by togzball - 19-04-2012, 04:04 AM
RE: Problems with PIC32-PINGUINO OTG SD card - by togzball - 19-04-2012, 02:46 PM
RE: Problems with PIC32-PINGUINO OTG SD card - by mf01 - 19-04-2012, 04:21 PM
RE: Problems with PIC32-PINGUINO OTG SD card - by togzball - 19-04-2012, 11:49 PM