The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 864 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.22 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 864 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[ Help/Newbie ] what is pinguino actually ?
10-12-2013, 08:01 PM,
[ Help/Newbie ] what is pinguino actually ?
Best regards peers,

I have a fundamental doubt with pinguino , hope you can help me see the light.

Long time I stop using the parallel port (from GNU / Linux ) to control hardware , and wanna to start using USB , for that I have buy PIC18F4550 , and try to venture to implement a USB firmaware for this PIC to be able of control I / O digital from (GNU / Linux) via USB, while searching for information I found pinguino .. but my question is ... does Pinguino work as a device that implements the USB communication and which can communicate directly from the meidante PC 's own USB protocol ( as used LIBUSB from C / C + +) or actually making ( IDE penguin for example) is generate a program that the PIC is able to run ? ie : does pinguino use the bootloeader just to burn a .hex via USB . ? or actually implements the USB communication to the PC is running the program and take orders from PC ?

if so .. can i control I / O through a program in C / C + + ( some documentantion ? )

if I decide to mount a pinguino ( using the PIC18F4550 I own ) should use this scheme and PCB ? :

https://sites.google.com/site/pinguinotu.../tiny-4550

and the bootloader .. would have to use the " bootloader version 2.12 (hex file) " from here :

https://sites.google.com/site/pinguinotu...bootloader

The idea is to use hardware pinguino but write my own software in C / C + + that put of digital I / O .

is pinguino good for me with this ?

Thank you very much for your help .. I am aware that much of what I ask shows that I have no idea .. but why is presisamente ...

Greetings !

[apoligize, i've use google translate to take this from spanish to english]

Messages In This Thread
[ Help/Newbie ] what is pinguino actually ? - by alx741 - 10-12-2013, 08:01 PM