The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 864 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.21 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 864 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
mplabx - xc8 and pinguino bootloader with PIC18F2455
18-12-2013, 03:16 AM,
mplabx - xc8 and pinguino bootloader with PIC18F2455
Hello,
I'd like to thank you for the great project - Pinguino and all the work done around.

I spent few days on google, how to simply integrate great (small sized, linux compatible) Pinguino USB bootloader with my fresh installation of mplabx - the first success results you can find bellow.

The first issue was to find how to upload simple, existing hex file without compilation or/and Pinguino IDE usage, I found regis's uploader8.py - only one parameter required - the hex file path, I found it here:
Code:
wget http://pinguino32.googlecode.com/svn/bootloaders/8/usb/v4.x/tools/uploader8.py

The second issue was, how to create compatible hex file in mplabx (screenshots of "LED based Hello World" are selfexplaining - LED on RB7 blinks 10 times, than device reset brings bootloader mode - I'm using Bootloader_v4.14_18f2455_X20MHz.hex).
- disable default cfg words/bits to be included in hex file
- correct linker memory ranges/offset
- custom upload command after successfull project build (optional)

I hope that this "one page info" will help somebody, who wants to integrate old archived projects with nice USB bootloader.
Thank you,
Jozef

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Messages In This Thread
mplabx - xc8 and pinguino bootloader with PIC18F2455 - by Losonsky - 18-12-2013, 03:16 AM