Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IDE (x2) and OSX (10.6.5)
07-09-2011, 12:40 AM,
IDE (x2) and OSX (10.6.5)
Hi Folks,
I bought a Pinguino32 to get some more power than from an Arduino for some Projects.

Right now I can't figure out if there is actually an OSX support or not?
I downloaded the IDE, Python 2.5.2, libusb, wxPython and installed everything. Well, if I try to run the pinguinobetax2.py the python launcher opens and a terminal opens, but after about 20Seconds the launcher shuts down again.

Has anyone been able to run a 32bit Arduino on OSX or is there just some work to do and it runs on windows and linux only, at the moment?

Best regards, Sebastian
07-09-2011, 09:57 AM,
RE: IDE (x2) and OSX (10.6.5)
Hi Sebastian,

I'm Windows user but I faced the same problem when I first installed Pinguino IDE beta x2. I unzipped the files to a folder and named it with "PinguinIDEbetax2". Then the same thing occurred. It turns out working fine after I renamed the folder to "x.2". May be you can have a try too.

-Kiate-
07-09-2011, 11:00 AM,
Thanks for your reply, kiate. My Folder is already named x.2. I think it may be something with Python on Mac. I tried Python 2.7, too and it also doesn't work.
Hmmmm......
07-09-2011, 12:57 PM,
Hi,
@Kiate : Paths are relatives in the main python program so no matter how you name your folder. However, some people got issues with spaces in the main path. Is that your case ? If the issue is somewhere else, please send me the sources/output file or any error messages you saw. BTW, did you try the very last testing version (05-09-2011) ?
@Achi : 32-bit Mac OS X version is under development. Sorry, you can't use it at the moment (macosx/p32 is empty, no compiler). We will try to do our best as soon as possible.
Régis

(07-09-2011, 11:00 AM)Achi Wrote: Thanks for your reply, kiate. My Folder is already named x.2. I think it may be something with Python on Mac. I tried Python 2.7, too and it also doesn't work.
Hmmmm......

It is easier to complain than it is to do, but it is better to do than it is to complain.
07-09-2011, 01:43 PM,
@admin:
I have already thought of sth. like that. Maybe I am going to try it under Parallels with windows XP until then. If you need a tester just give me a message. Thanks a lot.
07-09-2011, 02:37 PM,
That would be really nice ! I will tell you once it's ready.
Régis

(07-09-2011, 01:43 PM)Achi Wrote: @admin:
I have already thought of sth. like that. Maybe I am going to try it under Parallels with windows XP until then. If you need a tester just give me a message. Thanks a lot.

It is easier to complain than it is to do, but it is better to do than it is to complain.
10-09-2011, 05:28 PM,
Hallo Régis,
I finally made a try to get it running under parallels, but apparently it behaves the same way then in my emulated Windows XP as in OSX.
Good luck for OSX Support, I am still looking from time to time here, because I am quite interested in the Hardware and how it will work then compared to a Maple.
11-09-2011, 09:52 AM,
Hi Achi,
I've tested Pinguino IDE under Virtual Boxed Windows XP (same configuration as yours) and everything is fine ...
(cf. this post)
Sorry to ask that but did you download the win32 compilers ?
Otherwise, please send me the content of sources/stdout or any messages you get on your console. I will keep on investigating ...
Régis

(10-09-2011, 05:28 PM)Achi Wrote: Hallo Régis,
I finally made a try to get it running under parallels, but apparently it behaves the same way then in my emulated Windows XP as in OSX.
Good luck for OSX Support, I am still looking from time to time here, because I am quite interested in the Hardware and how it will work then compared to a Maple.