Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
com emulation
20-10-2011, 10:23 AM,
com emulation
The Pinguino IDE works fine allowing to upload the firmware, but using CDC functions, the device is not recognized as an emulated com port as expected.
I successfully used the CDC functions on a different computer, I can't understand what's the difference in the one that I use now; the OS is Windows-XP on both. Do I forget to install any driver?

Many thanks
22-10-2011, 10:25 PM,
RE: com emulation
Hi protoritmo,

CDC is using a special driver to work on windows.
The driver is attached to this post.

Enjoy

Jean-Pierre

(20-10-2011, 10:23 AM)protoritmo Wrote: The Pinguino IDE works fine allowing to upload the firmware, but using CDC functions, the device is not recognized as an emulated com port as expected.
I successfully used the CDC functions on a different computer, I can't understand what's the difference in the one that I use now; the OS is Windows-XP on both. Do I forget to install any driver?

Many thanks

Attached Files
.zip   mchpcdc.zip (Size: 5.03 KB / Downloads: 50)
24-10-2011, 02:13 PM,
RE: com emulation
Great.
Thank you Jean-Pierre for your punctual courtesy.

(22-10-2011, 10:25 PM)Jean-Pierre Wrote: Hi protoritmo,

CDC is using a special driver to work on windows.
The driver is attached to this post.

Enjoy

Jean-Pierre

(20-10-2011, 10:23 AM)protoritmo Wrote: The Pinguino IDE works fine allowing to upload the firmware, but using CDC functions, the device is not recognized as an emulated com port as expected.

Many thanks