Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Error uploading to Pinguino: error while opening shared libraries
03-11-2011, 03:26 PM,
Error uploading to Pinguino: error while opening shared libraries
Hi, I am a newbie to Pinguinos so please bear with me.

After successfully compiling a Pinguino program (Example/Blink) when I click on the "Upload to Pinguino" button I get the following error message:-

Quote:/home/mark/Pinguino32X_linux-r208/linux/p32/bin/ubw32: error while loading shared libraries: libhid.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

As you will see from the directory in the above message I am trying to use r208 although I have also tried r200 and get a similar error message.

I have looked in the folder referred to in the error message and there is a file "libhid.so.0" and the system shows it as a "Link to shared library (application/x-sharedlib)" and the Link target: as "libhid.so.0.0.0" which is also present in the same directory (/home/mark/Pinguino32X_linux-r208/linux/p32/bin) as the above file and the ubw32 file

I am running Ubuntu 11.10 and attempting to use a PIC32 Pinguino OTG board although I get the same error irrespective of whether or not the board is connected.

After I click on the "Compile" button I get the following in the Output window

Quote:Board: PIC32 Pinguino OTG
Proc: 32MX440F256H
compilation done
code size: 10956 / 262144 bytes (4% used)
2.30953097343 seconds process time

so I believe that the compiling is completing OK.

I have carried out all the steps given for Ubuntu Lucid (10.4) given on the Linux page on the Pinguino wiki.

Any help getting past this error message would be much appreciated.
03-11-2011, 06:08 PM,
RE: Error uploading to Pinguino: error while opening shared libraries
Try to install libhid from the .deb in the extra directory.
Régis

(03-11-2011, 03:26 PM)mf01 Wrote: Hi, I am a newbie to Pinguinos so please bear with me.

After successfully compiling a Pinguino program (Example/Blink) when I click on the "Upload to Pinguino" button I get the following error message:-

Quote:/home/mark/Pinguino32X_linux-r208/linux/p32/bin/ubw32: error while loading shared libraries: libhid.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

As you will see from the directory in the above message I am trying to use r208 although I have also tried r200 and get a similar error message.

I have looked in the folder referred to in the error message and there is a file "libhid.so.0" and the system shows it as a "Link to shared library (application/x-sharedlib)" and the Link target: as "libhid.so.0.0.0" which is also present in the same directory (/home/mark/Pinguino32X_linux-r208/linux/p32/bin) as the above file and the ubw32 file

I am running Ubuntu 11.10 and attempting to use a PIC32 Pinguino OTG board although I get the same error irrespective of whether or not the board is connected.

After I click on the "Compile" button I get the following in the Output window

Quote:Board: PIC32 Pinguino OTG
Proc: 32MX440F256H
compilation done
code size: 10956 / 262144 bytes (4% used)
2.30953097343 seconds process time

so I believe that the compiling is completing OK.

I have carried out all the steps given for Ubuntu Lucid (10.4) given on the Linux page on the Pinguino wiki.

Any help getting past this error message would be much appreciated.

It is easier to complain than it is to do, but it is better to do than it is to complain.
03-11-2011, 07:02 PM,
Regis,

Thank you for your prompt response.

After installing the libhid0_0.2.15+20060325-2.2ubuntu1_i386.deb from the extra folder when I click on the "Upload to Pinguino" button I now get the message :-

Quote:/home/mark/Pinguino32X_linux-r208/linux/p32/bin/ubw32 Error: UBW32 not found (is device attached and in Bootloader mode?)

I assume this is normal behaviour if the bootloader is not active on the target board when you click on the "Upload to Pinguino" button - please confirm this assumption is correct.

Noting that installing the libhid file as you suggested appears to have solved the issue, is this a common issue or just a quirk of my particular ubuntu installation?

If I ensure that the bootloader is running on the target board then I get the following message:-

Quote:UBW32 found: 241664 bytes free
Erasing...
Writing hex file '/home/mark/Pinguino32X_linux-r208/examples/1.Basics/Blink/Blink.hex':..........................................................................................................................................................................................................
Resetting device...
/home/mark/Pinguino32X_linux-r208/linux/p32/bin/ubw32 Error: USB write error

Is it normal to get the "Error: USB write error" after uploading a program? Please note that the uploaded program appears to be running correctly on the target board, I would just like to know if this is normal behaviour.

Thank you in anticipation.

Regards

Mark
03-11-2011, 07:12 PM,
Quote:I assume this is normal behaviour if the bootloader is not active on the target board when you click on the "Upload to Pinguino" button - please confirm this assumption is correct.

You're right.

Quote:Noting that installing the libhid file as you suggested appears to have solved the issue, is this a common issue or just a quirk of my particular ubuntu installation?

libhid is not present on all systems.

Quote:Is it normal to get the "Error: USB write error" after uploading a program? Please note that the uploaded program appears to be running correctly on the target board, I would just like to know if this is normal behaviour.

I have the same on one of my computer and not on the other (same Debian Wheezy). Don't know why. At least it works fine on both !

It is easier to complain than it is to do, but it is better to do than it is to complain.
03-11-2011, 07:24 PM,
Smile  RE: Error uploading to Pinguino: error while opening shared libraries
Regis - Thank you again for your prompt responses and the additional information.

Regards

Mark