Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Meet the PICUNO-EQUO
04-11-2011, 04:10 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-11-2011, 04:54 PM by regis.)
Meet the PICUNO-EQUO
Hi,
It's a good day for Pinguino today !
Cytron Technology will release soon a great 8-bit Pinguino :
- 18F4550 processor
- Arduino Uno format
- Compatibilty with Arduino Shields
- ICSP connector
- Pinguino bootloader already burned
- USB-B connector
- powered via USB or external 7-20V power supply
- 5V and 3.3V pins
- great silkscreen
- these board is already supported by Pinguino IDE
[Image: IMG_5078.JPG]
[Image: IMG_5083.JPG]
[Image: IMG_5084.JPG]
If you are interested in such a board please tell us.
Régis
It is easier to complain than it is to do, but it is better to do than it is to complain.
04-11-2011, 04:45 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-11-2011, 05:00 PM by regis.)
RE: Meet the PICUNO-EQUO
(04-11-2011, 04:10 PM)regis Wrote: - these board is already supported by Pinguino IDE
[ img ]https://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=2&ik...

We can not see your mail. Can you save images on the forum?

[regis] : Done ! Thank You
04-11-2011, 05:50 PM,
Nice.

A standard standalone-form-factor (contrast for breadboard-friendly-form-factor) for 8 bits will allows for the accumulation of knowledge. Experiments are more easily recorded and transmitted than the "free" format that the current 8bit "Pinguino-breadboard-friendly" allows.

Now people can tell others and learn from others using a "common" (standard) language (the form factor ACT as the language).
I think that SHARING is central part of the "community experience" and using the Arduino form-factor for 8bits Pinguino will certainly stimulate the transmission of experiences and knowledge.

Valter
04-11-2011, 06:17 PM,
(04-11-2011, 04:10 PM)regis Wrote: Hi,
It's a good day for Pinguino today !
Cytron Technology will release soon a great 8-bit Pinguino :
- 18F4550 processor
- Arduino Uno format
- Compatibilty with Arduino Shields
- ICSP connector
- Pinguino bootloader already burned
- USB-B connector
- powered via USB or external 7-20V power supply
- 5V and 3.3V pins
- great silkscreen
- these board is already supported by Pinguino IDE

Good idea, it looks good.

Is there only 20 I/O (instead of 29) and only 6 analog input?
04-11-2011, 06:23 PM,
Yes, at least the one I received. This is yet a prototype so I think every suggestion is welcome !
Régis.
It is easier to complain than it is to do, but it is better to do than it is to complain.
05-11-2011, 11:02 AM,
RE: Form Factors
Hi, just want to say a little bit more about what I think on the "form factor" side...

Below is a diagram of a draft I'm doing this theme:
[Image: CategoriesofUsersusage.png]

If Pinguino platform wants to embrace users participation, then I believe there is a need to consider these 3 kinds of users:

a) very basic ideas (the green)
b) hacking, learning (the blue)
c) doing stuff, developing beyond basics (the red)

If, for example, we want to teach artists and musicians an introductory 4 hours workshop about physical computing, then, a standard form factor like the uno-form-factor will be more suitable.

Then, if somebody wants to go beyond this basic workshop, I think a breadboard-friendly Pinguino (or moleculino, lol) is more appropriate to the task. In this level we need to deal with more concepts and electronics and software building blocks.

Once the foundational ideas (and experiences) started to make sense, the individual WILL, for sure, trying to build real material stuff using the concept of physical software, and at that level, (physically) small modules, as well as cheap ($$$) ones will be needed to reliably implement the ideas.

As a platform, Pinguino can addresses these 3 levels of needs...
In fact, I believe that it is MANDATORY, for the platform, to provide answers for theses needs... otherwise, the community will have no place to fill on the landscape, which means, "they will not be here"...

Apologize because this idea still in draft stage inside my mind, and maybe a little confusing to expose. It's only 30 days that I started Pinguino(s), MCUs and PICs... but I decide to take the opportunity to share my point of view on the subject.

Hope it helps (more than confuse),
regards,
Valter
10-11-2011, 03:11 PM,
What is the specificity of this board ? As compared to the usual Arduino.

OK, it uses a 18F4550 PIC processor instead of ATMEL. But that's the 'cover'.
Are there specific features of the chip that differentiates it ?
23-11-2011, 07:51 PM,
if i made pinguino uno equo by myself, where can i download bootloader ?

24-11-2011, 10:59 AM, (This post was last modified: 24-11-2011, 11:00 AM by koocotte.)
(10-11-2011, 03:11 PM)tochinet Wrote: What is the specificity of this board ? As compared to the usual Arduino.

OK, it uses a 18F4550 PIC processor instead of ATMEL. But that's the 'cover'. Are there specific features of the chip that differentiates it ?

You can build one on a breadboard if you have a flashed PIC (using PIC programer or another pinguino).
(23-11-2011, 07:51 PM)eko_rudiawan Wrote: if i made pinguino uno equo by myself, where can i download bootloader ?

http://www.pinguino.cc/download/bootloader/ or http://wiki.pinguino.cc/index.php/Main_Page
02-12-2011, 05:37 PM,
(24-11-2011, 10:59 AM)koocotte Wrote:
(10-11-2011, 03:11 PM)tochinet Wrote: What is the specificity of this board ? As compared to the usual Arduino.

OK, it uses a 18F4550 PIC processor instead of ATMEL. But that's the 'cover'. Are there specific features of the chip that differentiates it ?

You can build one on a breadboard if you have a flashed PIC (using PIC programer or another pinguino).
But the EQUO is a board, Arduino form factor. Why should I choose it instead of the normal Pinguino or Arduino, etc. ?