Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Contact to Pinguino Team (who is better?)
16-11-2011, 04:54 AM,
Contact to Pinguino Team (who is better?)
Hi.

I think you guys know about the Google APP INVENTOR and the "Blocks" stuff that is in there...

Ok, I have a lot of interest in the subject, THEN, I contact David Li, who is doing Ardublock (blocks programming for Arduino language). And ask him if he is interested in making it work for Pinguino too...

His name is David Li and some infos are in the link:
http://blog.ardublock.com/

[send him these pictures and video]
[Image: ardu-1.PNG]

[Image: pinguino-ok.PNG]

THEN, he reply showing interest and I send him some diagrams about Pinguino IDE...

[Image: 1.PinguinoBlock.png]

[Image: 2.PinguinoIDEFolders.png]

[Image: 3.Compile-Pinguino-Program.png]

[Image: 4.the-source-folder.png]

[Image: 5.Pinguino-main-IDE-Python.png]

NOW, he wants to ask a question that is direct connected with the Pinguino Core Team and its network of hardware makers... SO,
I like to ask here who is the best contact that he should send the communication and what would be the preferable means (e-mail, etc)?
It's a non-technical stuff...

Thanks,
Valter

PS. I think that this "visual block programming" can help to attract more people to the platform... kids, non-programmers, artists...
16-11-2011, 10:18 AM,
RE: Contact to Pinguino Team (who is better?)
Hi Valter,
It would be great to have such a tool !
To contact the Pinguino Team, just fill out this contact form : http://www.pinguino.cc/contact.php
Régis
It is easier to complain than it is to do, but it is better to do than it is to complain.
16-02-2012, 11:52 PM,
Recently joined (which is why I am commenting this post sooo loong after the OP)

Great idea - was there any follow-through on this? Would be a GREAT starting point for those starting to program but not (yet) having/wanting to go into "code".
18-02-2012, 04:04 PM,
(16-02-2012, 11:52 PM)acmbc68 Wrote: ... was there any follow-through on this?

Back then I was going to look at the code (ArduBlock) to see what is the best way to try something... there was a small issue with the source code to which David correct some weeks ago...

After that he issues a new release but told me that he was waiting for his board (Pinguino) to arrive to learn about it...

Right now I'm very busy and can't put my time on this code, but because AppInventor is of my Interest I will be looking at it in the future...

Perhaps David is doing some progress or tests...

Valter