Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PIC32-Pinguino-OTG various resistors
18-11-2011, 11:56 AM,
PIC32-Pinguino-OTG various resistors
Why are R4 and R5 in the design and why are they 33 ohms?

Er, and why are the equivalents (R4 & R26) on the DuinoMite-Mega 330 instead?

What does R1 mean when it says "(NA)" and why 0 ohms?

And on the DM-Mega why is the equivalent (R32) 132 ohms?

The answers are more to put into rationale (explanatory) documents, please. I guess parts of the User Manuals.

Can I say: loving the boards, just need help to understand them better Smile

John
06-02-2015, 03:16 AM,
RE: PIC32-Pinguino-OTG various resistors
Many years later and still no answer... . I would also like to know the rationale behind this aspect of the design, along with why 2 inputs for the pushbutton.
06-02-2015, 10:00 PM,
(06-02-2015, 03:16 AM)mcafzap Wrote: Many years later and still no answer... . I would also like to know the rationale behind this aspect of the design, along with why 2 inputs for the pushbutton.

You'd rather ask Olimex than us about their boards ...

It is easier to complain than it is to do, but it is better to do than it is to complain.
06-02-2015, 10:12 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-02-2015, 10:13 PM by pingotg.)
It was never at all clear that the Pinguino project had not designed or assisted with the Pinguino board.

The name may be the reason!

Now I know that the project only has very simple boards, and indeed seems almost entirely not PIC32, but that was not clear.

It would have been helpful to have had a reply to this effect rather than having to guess.

Still, thanks for an answer 3+ years on!

I figured the Duinomite out myself but its support within Pinguino remains or does it?

John
07-02-2015, 11:40 AM,
I understand. I don't know why I missed that one, at least I was not the only one ...
The reasons we didn't designed much boards for PIC32MX are :
1- Microchip doesn't have a lot of them available as DIP package (compare to PIC18F),
2- Pinguino wants (but doesn't always succeed ;-) ) to be software- and also hardware-simple (hence DIP package).
Note that it doesn't mean Pinguino doesn't support PIC32MX. Version 11 comes with a lot of improvements and new libraries for these processors. I'm now busy with the USB library to support HID and Bulk. I'm improving the CDC communication (control line configuration, polling or interrupt-driven mode) to make Pinguino 32 able to drive 3D Printer. I added new OnTimeX functions, IRremote, Stepper and Servo libraries. The new boards will support overclock, ...
Concerning Duinomite boards, they are not supported because I don't have one myself and AFAIK nobody added support to them or send me any files to add support to them. I would be glad to add them to the supported boards list and/or help people who want that.
It is easier to complain than it is to do, but it is better to do than it is to complain.
07-02-2015, 04:30 PM,
Good to hear about more USB!

For a DIP, the PIC32MX170F256B is qute attractive but has no USB.
I suppose the PIC32MX270F256B is better for Pinguino.

There are quite a few boards available with such as 44-pin PIC32 chips already soldered so doesn't matter that they're not DIP Smile

I figured the pricing on the Duinomite boards would have been attractive but I guess not!

John