Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CHIP PROGRAM ALWAYS ERASED
20-11-2011, 02:18 PM,
hello i would like to ask why is the program in my chip always erased. . it says PIC is not found then when i come to the shop where i bought it, they say that the program in the chip is erased. . can you tell me what are the potential cause of it? it already happened 3 times.
20-11-2011, 07:29 PM,
RE: CHIP PROGRAM ALWAYS ERASED
Maybe it's just me but I don't understand which product, which version or anything else!
21-11-2011, 09:13 AM,
RE: CHIP PROGRAM ALWAYS ERASED
(20-11-2011, 02:18 PM)nosrej Wrote: CHIP PROGRAM ALWAYS ERASED
hello i would like to ask why is the program in my chip always erased. . it says PIC is not found then when i come to the shop where i bought it, they say that the program in the chip is erased. . can you tell me what are the potential cause of it? it already happened 3 times.

Hi.
I'm new to Pinguino and MCUs, but want to ask a little bit about this erase incident...

a) What board model and MCU are you using?

b) What did the guys from the shop told you about possible reasons?

c) Every time you return to the shop, what they do? Replace your board with a new one, or, reprogram the CHIP (MCU)?

d) If you using a breadboard Pinguino, what CHIP are you using and what is the version of the bootloader that they pre-load on the CHIP?

e) Did you have the exact same problem on different PCs?

f) What PC do you use (Linux, Win or Mac)?

Some years ago I had a trouble with defective PC Power Supply Unit and one USB HD Unit, in a XP machine...

I'm playing a lot with PICs, bootloaders, serial (FT232), AVRs and I'm just curious about this "erase" stuff...

Regards,
Valter
One more question...

z) What exactly they mean by "erased"? The entire chip is blank, or the user application is NOT on the chip?

Thanks,
Valter