Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OnTimerX for pic32?
21-11-2011, 08:21 PM,
OnTimerX for pic32?
Hi all,

I'm trying to port some arduino libraries and I need an interrupt-timer (this is probably not the correct term). I noticed that there are OnTimer functions for the pic8s, but not for the pic32s. Is there a specific reason for this or is it something that just hasn't been gotten to yet? I'm just wondering if I can use the pic8 syntax to write my own OnTimer functions.

Is there an example for the pic32s that I'm missing?

Thanks for any help!
27-11-2011, 01:21 PM,
RE: OnTimerX for pic32?
Hi,
The reason is that I haven't had time to implement those interrupt functions for PIC32.
There are 18/19 on pic18fx550 but up to 96 on pic32mx !
Do you want to start with timers only ? You might then read the datasheet to get the proper registers names and see how the whole stuff works.
Don't forget to take a look at source/main32.c and p32/lkr/ISwrapper.S which are also involved in the interrupt management.
Good luck.
Régis

(21-11-2011, 08:21 PM)avriot Wrote: Hi all,

I'm trying to port some arduino libraries and I need an interrupt-timer (this is probably not the correct term). I noticed that there are OnTimer functions for the pic8s, but not for the pic32s. Is there a specific reason for this or is it something that just hasn't been gotten to yet? I'm just wondering if I can use the pic8 syntax to write my own OnTimer functions.

Thanks for any help!

It is easier to complain than it is to do, but it is better to do than it is to complain.
02-12-2011, 08:09 AM,
RE: OnTimerX for pic32?
Thanks for the reply! I actually looked at post by Jean-Pierre (I think) who showed how to set up interrupt/timers and it worked great.

(27-11-2011, 01:21 PM)regis Wrote: Hi,
The reason is that I haven't had time to implement those interrupt functions for PIC32.
There are 18/19 on pic18fx550 but up to 96 on pic32mx !
Do you want to start with timers only ? You might then read the datasheet to get the proper registers names and see how the whole stuff works.
Don't forget to take a look at source/main32.c and p32/lkr/ISwrapper.S which are also involved in the interrupt management.
Good luck.
Régis

(21-11-2011, 08:21 PM)avriot Wrote: Hi all,

Thanks for any help!