Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shipping to the States
26-11-2011, 04:56 PM,
Shipping to the States
Greets,

I ordered a Pinguino back on 2 November and as of a the 22nd or 23rd it still hasn't arrived.

I'd like to see some section somewhere that gives approximate delivery times. If I don't see a Pinguino in my mailbox Real Soon Now I'll need to charge back the purchase for non-delivery, which will be really embarrassing if it shows up a few days later.

Any idea of average delivery times from France to the United States?
27-11-2011, 03:46 PM,
RE: Shipping to the States
Who did you order from in France? Olimex are in Bulgaria it appears. Have you contacted the actual firm you ordered from?
01-12-2011, 07:53 PM,
Also, for what its worth, Mouser Electronics include several Pinguino boards on their website, and I believe they are a US based company. I have no experience of using them as a supplier but it might be worth looking at their website (www. if you are looking for a US source of Pinguino boards.
As of today, 01 Dec 2011, their site lists the following Pinguino boards:-
  • PIC32-Pinguino
  • PIC32-Pinguino OTG
  • Pinguino Micro
Board = PIC32-Pinguino-OTG Rev C
OS = Linux Unbuntu 11.10 till 26 Apr 2012
OS = Linux Unbuntu 12:04 from 27 Apr 2012
01-12-2011, 10:09 PM,
As the poster couldn't be bothered to follow up...... I wouldn't waste any more time on him.
02-01-2012, 10:39 PM,
(01-12-2011, 10:09 PM)pingotg Wrote: As the poster couldn't be bothered to follow up...... I wouldn't waste any more time on him.

Some of us have companies to run and things that are more important than following every single post on every forum we follow.

The board was ordered from here -- shop.pinguino.cc -- and was paid via PayPal on 2.11.2011. As of 29.12.2011, it has yet to be received and I'm going to contact PayPal and see what can be done to reverse the charge. I don't care who "sold" it to me -- it was ordered via this website and was order #84.

Nor do I care that one is available from Mouser. I'd prefer to order from the supplier, though in this case it seems that was a mistake and it seems that the supplier does not care about customers.

As for being a "him", no, I'm a "her".
03-01-2012, 01:46 AM,
You could have stated those details in the first place and you could have got the country right or not stated it at all rather than getting it apparently wrong. I have no idea why you'd expect someone meant to be shipping to you to also read this forum. You should instead have contacted the supplier through any of the obvious routes.
03-01-2012, 11:08 AM,
Hi, unfortunately mistakes happens...

To avoid trouble in the future, I like to suggest all questions related to the SHOP be directed to the "CONTACT FORM", on the SHOP website:

http://shop.pinguino.cc/index.php?route=...on/contact

[Image: pinguino-shop-contact.png]

Or, people in need of help from this forum, provide us with all the relevant information, enough to create sufficient base to trigger a better response in any future need.

We can always try to help if we understand better what the problem is. I hope this case be resolved in a satisfactory way for all parts.

Let's do what we can to make the project grows and the community well served.

Regards,
Valter
03-01-2012, 09:22 PM,
I can tell from experience that US post is not the best one, we ship thousands of parcels every month and I have 20 years statistic so what I can say is that usually US post deliver the parcels we ship in 2 weeks, but form time to time they go crazy, for instance I do remember we had about 20 parcels shipped on September 11 and these were delivered with 6 weeks delay! you can imagine how many angry e-mails I received meantime, since then we never ship to US on September 11 :-) one customer though send me e-mail that he asked his post why the delay is so big and learned that all parcels sent on this date are subject to 4 weeks quarantinee stay in some US post depot.
somethig similar happend last year in December, all parcels we shipped in December were delivered in February next year.

so my 2 cent if you hurry do not order with post serivice, or be a little more patient
03-01-2012, 11:41 PM,
(03-01-2012, 09:22 PM)Olimex Wrote: so my 2 cent if you hurry do not order with post serivice, or be a little more patient

"Post" was the only shipping option.

I've not heard back from the shop, so I am going to start working to have the PayPal charges reversed.

General comment -- if you want Pinguino as a project to succeed, learn to be less rude and abusive in replies. Remember the people who actually =buy= products are the ones keeping it going. And remember that =companies= that buy products buy lots. My target for 2012 is around 100 pieces. If 2012 goes to plan, that could grow to anywhere from 200 to 500 in 2013. I'm up to my pits in Arduinos, but they only have 10 bit A/D converters, and I need 12, so that's PIC. If I can't get parts on a firm schedule, without shipping surprises, I'm more than willing to pay someone to layout my own boards and have them manufactured here in the States.

Something to keep in mind when replying to posters.
04-01-2012, 12:20 AM,
sorry if you got offended by my reply it was not my attention
I'm not associated with pinguino shop where you have ordered this board
I just did a wild guess what could happend with your order, based on my own experience
when you order something with post shipping it slow and you should not blame the seller for the slow delivery of the post service