Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
need example of how to use CDC comunication with win7 64 bit
28-12-2011, 07:53 AM,
need example of how to use CDC comunication with win7 64 bit
hello, ( please, excuse me for my bad english )
i'm a newbie, not sure if this forum is the correct place,
i need example for setting up win7
to use comunication between pinguino and win7
- i can load the blink program into pinguino,
- so i think that some form of comunication is established
but i don't see any COMxx
what must be used in win7 to see CDC.printf or CDC.read?
thanks
Arturo
28-12-2011, 11:07 AM, (This post was last modified: 28-12-2011, 11:07 AM by pingotg.)
RE: need example of how to use CDC comunication with win7 64 bit
Your English is good Smile

I think you mean the blink sample compiles, and you can load it into the board, and it flashes the LED. Please confirm - am I right?

Oh - which board are you using?

Which sample are you using for CDC.printf ?

What happens is this: only when you use CDC, a new USB device (endpoint) is created by the board. So, any sample without CDC will not make that USB device appear.

I'm using Linux so I am guessing that you would be able to see the CDC USB device in Windows Device Manager. Because it's a "communications device" (the "CD" of CDC), I think when it is created you should be able to connect to it with any of the "terminal emulators" such as HyperTerminal or SmartTerm (I think that's its name) or PuTTY.

If it appears in Device Manager but there is no COMx, I think it would mean you need a device driver (it's already built into Linux). I'm sorry but I don't know which file(s) you should look for on Win7 - but someone will and they probably need to know: are you using 32-bit or 64-bit Win7?

John
31-12-2011, 12:34 PM,
RE: need example of how to use CDC comunication with win7 64 bit
i'm using a PC with AMD 64bit win7 64 bit.
i found this way to run the example printf.pde
see pdf

Attached Files
.pdf   PinguinoBoard_CDC_Printf_my_experience.pdf (Size: 613.76 KB / Downloads: 82)