Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
KiCad - export part
08-01-2012, 11:22 AM,
KiCad - export part
I'm using KiCad for some 14K50 diagrams and there where no 18F14K50 in the parts library, so I manage to do one (I think I did it right)... so, the question is:

What is the correct way to have this new part (the 18F14K50) exported so that others can download it and open the diagram I've done using this new part.

By saving the diagram it is enough to export the part (which I don't think is enough)?

It is now saved in the Microchip Library (I think)...

How difficult is it to "donate" this new part to the KiCad project? Is there anybody that has this experience/knowledge?

Thanks all.
08-01-2012, 02:01 PM,
RE: KiCad - export part
Hi Valter,
I think you can contact Danilo Uccelli (danucc@gmail.com). He's the administrator of http://www.kicadlib.org/.
It would be also great to have it here in this thread so that we can collect all pinguino parts (libraries, modules and wings parts) to make a Pinguino package for Kicad.
Has someone designed the Arduino Form Factor for Kicad ? This would be also useful.
Does anybody want to drive this project ? Valter ?
Régis

(08-01-2012, 11:22 AM)ValterFukuoka Wrote: I'm using KiCad for some 14K50 diagrams and there where no 18F14K50 in the parts library, so I manage to do one (I think I did it right)... so, the question is:

What is the correct way to have this new part (the 18F14K50) exported so that others can download it and open the diagram I've done using this new part.

By saving the diagram it is enough to export the part (which I don't think is enough)?

It is now saved in the Microchip Library (I think)...

How difficult is it to "donate" this new part to the KiCad project? Is there anybody that has this experience/knowledge?

Thanks all.

It is easier to complain than it is to do, but it is better to do than it is to complain.
08-01-2012, 03:21 PM,
(08-01-2012, 02:01 PM)regis Wrote: Hi Valter,
I think you can contact Danilo Uccelli (danucc@gmail.com). He's the administrator of http://www.kicadlib.org/.

Thanks I will send him e-mail asking about how to proceed...

(08-01-2012, 02:01 PM)regis Wrote: It would be also great to have it here in this thread so that we can collect all pinguino parts (libraries, modules and wings parts) to make a Pinguino package for Kicad.
Has someone designed the Arduino Form Factor for Kicad ? This would be also useful.
Régis

Well, right now I can think about learning more about KiCad, and maybe even doing some simple howto videos (which I think I will be doing) on KiCad... it may motivate others to collaborate here...

Valter
08-01-2012, 03:46 PM,
Valter, I would personally prefer that you stay on the Pinguino side because we dramatically need better documentation to use the software and your videos are great. None of the Pinguino users complained to get better documentation to design boards and that would be the job of the Kicad team.
;-)

(08-01-2012, 03:21 PM)ValterFukuoka Wrote:
(08-01-2012, 02:01 PM)regis Wrote: Hi Valter,

Thanks I will send him e-mail asking about how to proceed...

(08-01-2012, 02:01 PM)regis Wrote: It would be also great to have it here in this thread so that we can collect all pinguino parts (libraries, modules and wings parts) to make a Pinguino package for Kicad.
Régis

Well, right now I can think about learning more about KiCad, and maybe even doing some simple howto videos (which I think I will be doing) on KiCad... it may motivate others to collaborate here...

Valter

It is easier to complain than it is to do, but it is better to do than it is to complain.
08-01-2012, 11:59 PM,

You can use my Pinguino (2550 version) module if you want: http://forum.pinguino.cc/showthread.php?tid=30
(If there is something wrong, just tell me).

About arduino form factor, there is this thread from dip6: http://forum.pinguino.cc/showthread.php?tid=3249
It looks really nice!

09-01-2012, 07:48 AM,
ok, Danilo reply instructing me to send the ".lib" and a PNG zipped into a package (for "donate" the part to the KiCad site)... so, I think that the "EXPORT TO .LIB" is the way to export and make parts available...
(he also asked to chance ".zip" to ".zi" to avoid trouble with the e-mail in Gmail)

I've send him the libs for the 14K50 and 13K50.

So, here is the information for people that will be "donating" new parts:

a) export the part as ".lib"
b) join the ".lib" with a PNG image of the component
c) zip it and change the ".zip" to ".zi" extension
d) just send the ".zi" pack for Danilo Uccelli (danucc@gmail.com)

And, I think that making schemes for downloading that has new parts in it, we should do:

a) make the part (as ".lib") available first
b) make the schemes available

If anyone know more details, please share it here with us.

Valter
05-03-2015, 08:05 AM,
KiCad project? Is there anybody that has this experience/knowledge?
raza
05-03-2015, 08:52 AM,
Hi

Yes, I use KiCAD frequently for my projects.
Do you need some informations??

Bye Bye, Moreno
05-03-2015, 09:43 AM,
Me too.