Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Embedded World 2012
09-01-2012, 10:46 AM,
Embedded World 2012
Olimex and Microchip are going to have joint promotion at Embedded World 2012 - we are about to give away 1000 pcs PIC32-PINGUINO-MX220 at Embedded World.

If you are going to visit Embedded World make sure you pass by Microchip boot to take your free Pinguino Smile
09-01-2012, 11:06 AM,
RE: Embedded World 2012
Is the "220" a mistake? Or if not, please where are details of this board?

John
09-01-2012, 12:01 PM,
it's with the new PIC32MX220F032D microcontroller http://www.microchip.com/wwwproducts/Dev...e=en556010

Arduino format, UEXT connector, 2 LEDs, RESET and BOOTLOADER/USER button, USB

Two applications will be demonstrated with this board at Embedded:

- Zigbee connectivity with MOD-ZIGBEE-UEXT and MOD-ZIGBEE-PIR remote temperature sense and movement detection
- Bluetooth connectivity and remote control with MOD-BT and Bluetooth enabled devices like phones, notebooks, etc.

Olimex demonstrations will be at MOUSER booth, Pinguino boards will be given away at Microchip and Mouser booths.

As there are many thousands of visitors at Embedded World we may think for some way of securing some boards for Pinguino site/forum users, so you can e-mail me with your info and when you think you will be at Embedded so we can secure board for your visit Smile
09-01-2012, 01:08 PM,
Nice, nice and nice!

I think there are 3 "news" inside this "news" here...

1) There is another board on the Arduino Uno Form Factor on the way...

2) There is a new version of 32bits, 28Pin, DIP Pinguino on the way...

3) By jointly participating in the promotion, Microchip is "officially" saying "we believe in the Pinguino Project"...

I hope I "read it" right...

Valter
09-01-2012, 03:09 PM,
(09-01-2012, 12:01 PM)Olimex Wrote: it's with the new PIC32MX220F032D microcontroller
Cool.

I didn't find the product on your web site!

But I did find the PIC32-T795 board. Though I must have missed its announcement as well!

John
09-01-2012, 03:58 PM,
(09-01-2012, 10:46 AM)Olimex Wrote: If you are going to visit Embedded World make sure you pass by Microchip boot to take your free Pinguino Smile

Snif snif... Sad , I guess it's impossible for me to go...Rolleyes
mi Blog MicroEmbebidos (PINGUINO,PIC,STM32F,ATMEL)
http://microembebidos.wordpress.com/
10-01-2012, 10:48 AM,
Smile  RE: Embedded World 2012
I would be there. Smile

(09-01-2012, 03:58 PM)micro_cadaver Wrote:
(09-01-2012, 10:46 AM)Olimex Wrote: If you are going to visit Embedded World make sure you pass by Microchip boot to take your free Pinguino Smile

Snif snif... Sad , I guess it's impossible for me to go...Rolleyes

It is easier to complain than it is to do, but it is better to do than it is to complain.
24-01-2012, 09:22 PM,
(09-01-2012, 10:46 AM)Olimex Wrote: Olimex and Microchip are going to have joint promotion at Embedded World 2012 - we are about to give away 1000 pcs PIC32-PINGUINO-MX220 at Embedded World.

If you are going to visit Embedded World make sure you pass by Microchip boot to take your free Pinguino Smile

Hi Olimex

Do you have the circuit/firmware for MX220 available freely?
So that ones who cannot attend this conf, can do it at home.
Thanks for the consideration.
25-01-2012, 06:53 PM,
PIC32-PINGUINO-MX220 info is already updated to our web page!

Regis is working on the new bootloader and we will have this board variant add in Pinguino IDE soon!

Note: Embedded World is big even about 20 000 embedded developers from all over the world are visiting this event and our boards are just 1000.

As on these events all people like "grabs"and free stuff (pencils, bags, Tshirts, candies, you name it Smile ) we have to make somehow sure that these boards will go in good hands. i.e. in the hands of people who will really use them to do something, not just to put them aside until they decide to do something in unknown future.

So we are thinking for some way to secure boards to right people. Of course we will also give away to random nice people who visit our booth and express interest in Pinguino, but with the board securing we want to make sure people really interested in hacking and electronics to get definitely board.

Also this means that we will give away randomly during the show just the boards which left unsecured.

Now how you can "secure" your board? So far three options come to my mind, if you have more ideas let me know privately on my e-mail:

Option 1:

If you are already pinguino.cc forum member with 10+ posts (not spam!) do not worry, your board is secured, just quote your pinguino.cc forum member ID when you pass through our booth and you will get your PIC32-PINGUINO-MX220 ! If you are not going to visit Embedded World still do not worry, as we may decide to mail you board as gift Smile for this purpose all people on the list below which I recognize as active Pinguino forum members please e-mail me with your address and if you will visit us at Embedded world so we decide how to deliver your board.

Option 2:

If you have existing projects done with Pinguino, MAPLE or Arduino please Follow us on Twitter and send us e-mail with your Name, Country, your project link and the Twiter ID which you use to follow us on Twitter and your board will be secured and you will receive it on our Embedded World booth. Unfortunately for this option we will be unable to send by other means.

Option 3:

Follow us on Twitter, we are preparing quizz related to Pinguino and PIC32. When we post the questions and you know the answer please e-mail us with your Name, Country, The answer of the Quizz and the Twiter ID which you use to follow us on Twitter. If your answer is correct your board will be secured and you will receive it on our Embedded World booth! Unfortunately for this option we will be unable to send by other means.

I hope this way the boards will go only to people who really will do something with them.

The list with active Pinguino forum is taken from the member list: electronlibre, funlw65, koocotte, Victor, Dave74, ValterFukuoka, CopperPhil, Alfred, N3XT, Hugo, mf01, tochinet, tdr, pingotg, Firatdede, raygeeknyc, dip6, magicman, arturo.tramontini, shahrul, BillE, micro_cadaver, balaji, Dries.

If your ID is in the list above congratulations Smile
25-01-2012, 09:42 PM,
(25-01-2012, 06:53 PM)Olimex Wrote: The list with active Pinguino forum is taken from the member list: electronlibre, funlw65, koocotte, Victor, Dave74, ValterFukuoka, CopperPhil, Alfred, N3XT, Hugo, mf01, tochinet, tdr, pingotg, Firatdede, raygeeknyc, dip6, magicman, arturo.tramontini, shahrul, BillE, micro_cadaver, balaji, Dries.

If your ID is in the list above congratulations Smile

Cool Thanks a lot Tsevetan Big Grin