Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unable to connect pinguino on Linux
10-01-2012, 04:14 PM,
Question  Unable to connect pinguino on Linux
Hello friends:

Two week ago, I bought at OLIMEX my Pinguino 32 and I can't connect it yet =(

I'm a Linux user (fedora 15) and had tried everything since a bought my pinguino but nothing works yet. The libraries had been installed succesfully and I thought it will works but nothing. (the console doesn't show any message so I don't know what i should do now Sad

Please, I tried every basic step to connect pinguino at my laptop but nothings work (libraries, python, owner permition, everything as possible).

Thank you friends for your help because I want to learn how to use my pinguino (I want to play =) )

Bye!*

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

10-01-2012, 04:31 PM,
RE: Unable to connect pinguino on Linux
Hi,
Please give us the content of Pinguino.log
Régis

(10-01-2012, 04:14 PM)nokasho Wrote: Hello friends:

Two week ago, I bought at OLIMEX my Pinguino 32 and I can't connect it yet =(

I'm a Linux user (fedora 15) and had tried everything since a bought my pinguino but nothing works yet. The libraries had been installed succesfully and I thought it will works but nothing. (the console doesn't show any message so I don't know what i should do now Sad

Please, I tried every basic step to connect pinguino at my laptop but nothings work (libraries, python, owner permition, everything as possible).

Thank you friends for your help because I want to learn how to use my pinguino (I want to play =) )

Bye!*

It is easier to complain than it is to do, but it is better to do than it is to complain.
10-01-2012, 04:34 PM,
"Pinguino started at Tue Jan 10 11:33:32 2012
WX python successfully loaded
WX.AUI successfully loaded
Editeur successfully loaded
Regex successfully loaded
Shutil successfully loaded
Subprocess successfully loaded
Threading successfully loaded
GetText successfully loaded
Locale successfully loaded
WebBrowser successfully loaded
AgParse successfully loaded
Serial python failed to be loaded
Try to re-install PySerial"

Thank you! =D
10-01-2012, 05:05 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-01-2012, 05:06 PM by pingotg.)
Well, there's your first problem Smile

Also look in dmesg output when you connect the board via USB and put it into bootloader mode to make sure your Linux sees it properly. (I hope forum Search and wiki Search will get you more details if you are lost.)
10-01-2012, 05:39 PM,
Thank you! =D Now the IDE is working properly! But this is the new problem =( (sorry but this is new for me):

" /pinguino208/linux/p32/bin/../libexec/gcc/mips-elf/4.5.2/cc1: error while loading shared libraries: libmpc.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
error while linking .../Pinguino/pinguino208/examples/1.Basics/Blink/Blink.o "

I had tried to link the library libmpc.so.2 from /user/lib64/libmpc.so.2 to /pinguino208/linux/p32/bin/ but it doesn't work.

Thanks for your time =D
10-01-2012, 06:50 PM,
On 64-bit system, you should install ia32-libs.

(10-01-2012, 05:39 PM)nokasho Wrote: Thank you! =D Now the IDE is working properly! But this is the new problem =( (sorry but this is new for me):

" /pinguino208/linux/p32/bin/../libexec/gcc/mips-elf/4.5.2/cc1: error while loading shared libraries: libmpc.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I had tried to link the library libmpc.so.2 from /user/lib64/libmpc.so.2 to /pinguino208/linux/p32/bin/ but it doesn't work.

Thanks for your time =D

It is easier to complain than it is to do, but it is better to do than it is to complain.
10-01-2012, 06:52 PM,
(10-01-2012, 06:50 PM)regis Wrote: Try to install libmpc (which is not on every linux distribution).
On 64-bit system, you should also install ia32-libs.

(10-01-2012, 05:39 PM)nokasho Wrote: Thank you! =D Now the IDE is working properly! But this is the new problem =( (sorry but this is new for me):

Thanks for your time =D

10-01-2012, 09:58 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-01-2012, 09:59 PM by pingotg.)
But that would be the 64-bit version I expect. Try following the previous advice about the 32-bit libs.

(I recall I also had a similar problem with the lib you reported and I am NOT using 64-bit.)

John
11-01-2012, 03:57 AM,
(10-01-2012, 09:58 PM)pingotg Wrote: But that would be the 64-bit version I expect. Try following the previous advice about the 32-bit libs.

(I recall I also had a similar problem with the lib you reported and I am NOT using 64-bit.)

John

Checkout your permissions. The folder must be read&write.
11-01-2012, 10:33 AM,
It was not due to that.

The fault was in the IDE as provided for download. I reported it and fixed it for myself.

John