Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Request: "Networking" section for the Forum
17-02-2012, 12:04 AM,
Request: "Networking" section for the Forum
The title pretty much sums it up - I think it may be useful to have a "Networking" section of the forum.

This because for networking (be it ZigBee, Ethernet, WiFi, RS-485, zWave or the myriad other forms of connecting stuff) to work, it requires BOTH hardware AND software (and usually, the two need to work close together Cool )

Admins, what do you say?
17-02-2012, 10:07 PM,
RE: Request: "Networking" section for the Forum
Any other opinion on this ?

(17-02-2012, 12:04 AM)acmbc68 Wrote: The title pretty much sums it up - I think it may be useful to have a "Networking" section of the forum.

This because for networking (be it ZigBee, Ethernet, WiFi, RS-485, zWave or the myriad other forms of connecting stuff) to work, it requires BOTH hardware AND software (and usually, the two need to work close together Cool )

Admins, what do you say?

It is easier to complain than it is to do, but it is better to do than it is to complain.
17-02-2012, 10:27 PM,
Would it be better to call it Communications? That way USB and other things would naturally be included.

That's if it's worth having, and I don't know on that!

John
18-02-2012, 06:30 PM,
Communications it is, then....

I believe that is a very important part of computing nowadays, wouldn't you agree?

(17-02-2012, 10:07 PM)regis Wrote: Any other opinion on this ?

(17-02-2012, 12:04 AM)acmbc68 Wrote: The title pretty much sums it up - I think it may be useful to have a "Networking" section of the forum.

Admins, what do you say?

19-02-2012, 05:03 AM,
For comunications we have Interfacing forum...
19-02-2012, 02:52 PM,
I believe that this is quite different - "interfacing" (as I see it) has more to do with connecting the Pinguinos to other (as in 1,2,3) devices physically.

Communications/Networking (etiher work for me) is about getting Pinguinos to talk to other "intelligent" devices remotely, ultimately to the Inernet/"Cloud".

In fact, one of the reasons I made this suggestion is precisely because of this difference (you don't usually talk of interfacing "x" device to the internet, but you DO talk about interfacing to a motor, local bus, etc...)

(19-02-2012, 05:03 AM)PaX Wrote: For comunications we have Interfacing forum...