Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
State of development of pic32 software
25-02-2012, 11:52 AM,
State of development of pic32 software
Hi all

Am I right in thinking that the current state of development is roughly equivalent to a pre-alpha stage - a little works, just enough to showcase lighting an LED as a proof of concept?

I am running the SVN version and have issues with the basic libraries such as Serial (none of the examples compile - Serial undefined), interrupts (undefined INT_MILLISEC etc) as well as known issues such as printf (too few parameters if you try printf("hello"); and printf(float).)

Is there any structure to who is working on what or should I just jump in and fix issues where I come across them? I would not wish to replicate another developer's work when I could be fixing something else.

If no such structure exists, how about something along the lines of:
This week we all work on getting printf() functionality to iso standard,
dev 1 you work on float,
dev 2 you work on parameters
which would mean someone would need to be management level issuing tasks (could be a dev that sets himself a target too).

Let's get this up and running!
25-02-2012, 12:37 PM, (This post was last modified: 25-02-2012, 12:39 PM by regis.)
RE: State of development of pic32 software
Hi Gregory,
If you want to help don't go further with x.2, try x.3 in the branches instead ...
x.3 will be the next major release and will be soon available as a package for everyone.
Take contact with me as I try to organize this team work.
Régis

(25-02-2012, 11:52 AM)gregoryfenton Wrote: Hi all

Am I right in thinking that the current state of development is roughly equivalent to a pre-alpha stage - a little works, just enough to showcase lighting an LED as a proof of concept?

I am running the SVN version and have issues with the basic libraries such as Serial (none of the examples compile - Serial undefined), interrupts (undefined INT_MILLISEC etc) as well as known issues such as printf (too few parameters if you try printf("hello"); and printf(float).)

Is there any structure to who is working on what or should I just jump in and fix issues where I come across them? I would not wish to replicate another developer's work when I could be fixing something else.

If no such structure exists, how about something along the lines of:
This week we all work on getting printf() functionality to iso standard,
dev 1 you work on float,
dev 2 you work on parameters
which would mean someone would need to be management level issuing tasks (could be a dev that sets himself a target too).

Let's get this up and running!

It is easier to complain than it is to do, but it is better to do than it is to complain.
25-02-2012, 12:53 PM,
Downloading x.3 from svn now
25-02-2012, 01:00 PM,
Good !
I committed rev. 279 a few minutes ago.
There will be other revisions today and tomorrow.
Please, test it and tell us what you think ...
Régis.

(25-02-2012, 12:53 PM)gregoryfenton Wrote: Downloading x.3 from svn now

It is easier to complain than it is to do, but it is better to do than it is to complain.
25-02-2012, 01:04 PM, (This post was last modified: 25-02-2012, 01:10 PM by gregoryfenton.)
lol typical must have grabbed it seconds before you updated Tongue

I have the gui working on 278, I had to apt-get install python-serial python-svn

brb
279 running Smile let's go play
I like the revision check, I never noticed that Smile
GUI issue:
On the left hand side is a list of directories (examples etc). The label needs to be clickable to expand - clicking on 01. Basics should drop down that section the same as clicking on the > before it.