Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wanted : developers (alive)
03-03-2012, 10:01 PM,
Wanted : developers (alive)
If you want to help out with getting the Pinguino project up and running and want to have some programming tasks, here are some projects still on the Pinguino TODO list :

- Interrupt library for PIC32 on the model of what exists for 8-bit Pinguino (see p8/include/pinguino/core/interrupt.c and p8/lib/int.pdl)
- ROS (Robot Operating System) sensors libraries
- VGA display library
- Video composite library

This list is not intended to be exhaustive Wink so feel free to post some other projects you might love or need.
Régis
It is easier to complain than it is to do, but it is better to do than it is to complain.
04-03-2012, 06:59 PM,
RE: Wanted : developers (alive)
Regis - Where is the full TODO list?

I may be able to help in some areas. Definitely interested!

Thanks,

Augusto

(03-03-2012, 10:01 PM)regis Wrote: If you want to help out with getting the Pinguino project up and running and want to have some programming tasks, here are some projects still on the Pinguino TODO list :

- Interrupt library for PIC32 on the model of what exists for 8-bit Pinguino (see p8/include/pinguino/core/interrupt.c and p8/lib/int.pdl)
- ROS (Robot Operating System) sensors libraries
- VGA display library
- Video composite library

This list is not intended to be exhaustive Wink so feel free to post some other projects you might love or need.
Régis

04-03-2012, 07:45 PM,
No real TODO list (should be on the TODO list Wink).
Maybe someone is experienced with some free TODO list manager ?
It is easier to complain than it is to do, but it is better to do than it is to complain.
04-03-2012, 08:33 PM,
I'm also really interested, but I can't help on those tasks (knowledge or lack of 32 bits board issue).
I agree a full TODO list and project manager would encourage people to help.
I've never used such a software, but I know trac is used in many software projects, for example, in sage.
28-03-2012, 04:27 AM,
I can help with 18F code. Bootstrap and library.
28-03-2012, 09:11 AM,
Nice, thank you for your help.
I contact you by email.

(28-03-2012, 04:27 AM)PICguy Wrote: I can help with 18F code. Bootstrap and library.

17-05-2012, 10:40 PM,
Hi guys,

First of all, i don't know if i should have opened a new thread. Please delete if so and i'll open a new one.

I know it's not on the list, but i think the macos version is a good TODO. With the great help of Regis i tried some time ago to make the cross-compiler, but i got stuck with no noticeable error.

Even being completely busy right now, i'm keen to give the compiler another chance on lion 10.7 on the little spare time i have. I'm not the typical cross-compile guy next door, so i can go much slower than the experienced. I can also test any other version precompiled to check if it works. From the very beginning i love the project, and being moved to macos i'd love to have pinguino here. I suppose other people will.

On the tasks, issues, bug tracking system, i can help a little. I've installed several Redmine systems and i'm pretty happy with them. So maybe i can help with server stuff for this task. I've done this before in debian systems, but if you have another system i can try. (This is the BTS: http://www.redmine.org/)

What do you think, can we try again the macos? is there someone able to guide? (Regis still there? Smile )

Cheers!
25-05-2012, 04:22 PM,
Hi Fabi,
Sorry for the late response. I'm still there Wink.
I think you already saw that last revisions (458 and above) have now a Mac OS X version of the 32-bit compiler. Jean-Pierre did it. Of course you're welcome to test it.
Hasta pronto.
03-09-2012, 10:34 PM,
How do you get access to the google code svn?
I would like to make some updates of the code. Is this possible? Do you have a process .. a coding rule?

Thanks,
Tinel
04-09-2012, 10:11 AM,
Hi,
Just give me a gmail address and I will add you to the list of committers ...
The only rule we have is that changes must be committed in the branches (x.4) not in the trunk (x.3).
If you need more help just ask.
Thank you for your help.
Régis

(03-09-2012, 10:34 PM)tinelc Wrote: How do you get access to the google code svn?
I would like to make some updates of the code. Is this possible? Do you have a process .. a coding rule?

Thanks,
Tinel