Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PIC 18F4550 windows xp
12-04-2012, 02:50 AM,
PIC 18F4550 windows xp
Guys,
I kbow everyone has probably heard this before. I have read all of th post concerning my issue and tried all tricks.I am aging an issue with windows XP not recognizing my pinguino board or my breadboard version. I installed the beta 9.05 two or three time now erased my hard drive reload windows xp with SP3 and still nor recognizing the pic 18F4550 or 18F2550. I can hook up my arduino to the computer nd I works fine but this is not where I want to be stuck in arduino land I perfer pinguino because I like pic micro. Am I missing something with the bootloader? I use a pickit 3 to load the boot loader.i followed the tutorial at
http://sites.google.com/site/pinguinotutorial/hardware. Please help

Thank you in advance
Fred Warden
12-04-2012, 06:10 AM,
RE: PIC 18F4550 windows xp
Hi,

I try.

Is your bootloader ends with v2.12.hex?
Do you see yellow "Pinguino project" in device manager?
Have you followed the circuit in wiki?

I once successfully done 18f4550 in breadboard. You dont need "run" button for v2.12.hex bootloader version.
12-04-2012, 09:20 AM,
The problem usually is a missing device driver needed by Windows.

John
12-04-2012, 11:39 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-04-2012, 11:59 AM by derf158.)
(12-04-2012, 06:10 AM)balaji Wrote: Hi,

I try.

I once successfully done 18f4550 in breadboard. You dont need "run" button for v2.12.hex bootloader version.

Yes I am using the v2.12hex bootloader I have re installed libusb a few times now.
Thank you

(12-04-2012, 09:20 AM)pingotg Wrote: The problem usually is a missing device driver needed by Windows.

John

John,
What driver am I missing? I followed the tutorial to a tee.this is a stumper.

Thank you

I try.

No I do not see the yellow pinguino project.

I try.

No I do not see the yellow pinguino project.
12-04-2012, 09:23 PM,
Hi,

I hope you are using the driver from here:

http://www.hackinglab.org/pinguino/downl...20windows/

I think if the windows is not asking for the driver to install, then it is not recognizing the USB, may be.

Have you checked the USB connections(especially D+, d-) in your breadboard and to usb?

if it is ok, is windows asking for a driver installation when you connect your board to pc?

Yellow Pinguino project(the unrecogniszed port) will appear in "custom usb devices" or "Com port" listings normally.
12-04-2012, 10:47 PM,
(12-04-2012, 09:23 PM)balaji Wrote: Hi,

I hope you are using the driver from here:

http://www.hackinglab.org/pinguino/downl...20windows/

I think if the windows is not asking for the driver to install, then it is not recognizing the USB, may be.

Have you checked the USB connections(especially D+, d-) in your breadboard and to usb?

if it is ok, is windows asking for a driver installation when you connect your board to pc?

Yellow Pinguino project(the unrecogniszed port) will appear in "custom usb devices" or "Com port" listings normally.

i have that driver downloaded and put into my "c" drive in a folder named driver. i have swapped the d+ & D- with no sucess.
do i have to install the driver or just put into a new folder.
i have the correct bootloader.
this is weird.
thank you
12-04-2012, 11:23 PM,
Hi,

did XP asked for new driver installation when you connected Pinguino board to PC?

What about custom usb devices? Sometimes, when you installed all drivers when installing libusb etc, pinguino driver is already installed. So, check under custom usb devices, and if you find Microchip USB device, then check for the VID and PID (from properties) and ensure that it is from Pinguino(VID:0x04d8; PID:0xFEAA).

If you do not find it, we need to review the circuit, I guess.

But, bootloader has no problem(i use it till now in all my breadboard connections) and when downloading your bootloader, when you had no problem with MPLAB, then I think there may be some problem with circuit.

but normally, d+, d- is ok, i think it should recognize Pinguino. Strange :-(
12-04-2012, 11:41 PM,
(12-04-2012, 11:23 PM)balaji Wrote: Hi,

did XP asked for new driver installation when you connected Pinguino board to PC?

What about custom usb devices? Sometimes, when you installed all drivers when installing libusb etc, pinguino driver is already installed. So, check under custom usb devices, and if you find Microchip USB device, then check for the VID and PID (from properties) and ensure that it is from Pinguino(VID:0x04d8; PID:0xFEAA).

But, bootloader has no problem(i use it till now in all my breadboard connections) and when downloading your bootloader, when you had no problem with MPLAB, then I think there may be some problem with circuit.

Ok i will look at the custom driver and I will send you my circuit via attachment later.
Thanks again.
Fred
13-04-2012, 02:31 AM,
(12-04-2012, 11:41 PM)derf158 Wrote:

Ok i will look at the custom driver and I will send you my circuit via attachment later.
Thanks again.
Fred
i still can not get the circuit to be recognized by windows xp

see attached diagram of my circuit

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

15-04-2012, 04:01 AM,
(13-04-2012, 02:31 AM)derf158 Wrote:
(12-04-2012, 11:41 PM)derf158 Wrote:

Thanks again.
Fred
i still can not get the circuit to be recognized by windows xp

see attached diagram of my circuit

no custom usb device listed in device manager.