Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Schematic - PIC32 PINGUINO OTG Rev C.jpg
05-06-2012, 10:45 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-06-2012, 10:46 AM by pingotg.)
RE: Schematic - PIC32 PINGUINO OTG Rev C.jpg
Thanks but that is no better (if it's different).

The version on the Olimex site is searchable (or, was when I downloaded it).

The problem is that it uses pale (light) colour (looks like grey) for pin names, signal names and so on. Sadly it is almost unusable. It is terrible when printed.

Exactly the same problem was highlighted about the DuinoMite schematic on other forums.

Please use black or a very dark grey Smile

I had to make a version with black but lost the ability to search it.

John
05-06-2012, 01:54 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-06-2012, 02:13 PM by LubOlimex.)
Black and white searchable there you go Tongue By the way there is an ULP file for the eagle. So basically I will attach it here also and it is free to distribute. When you open a schematic and you want to make a searchable file you can click the ULP button and use the one I attach here. It will ask you about options (in German of course Smile) but there aren't so many of them so you can understand what they do in a few tries. The main problem with this ULP is that it doesn't have support for font that displays the zero dashed so you can easy distinguish it from O from the alphabet. It will create .wmf file which can be opened with Word or Open office adjusted and saved as .pdf. I have downloaded the .ulp from the CadSoft website.

Now you have the power to create black and white searchable pdfs. Be careful with great power comes great responsibility.

Attached Files
.pdf   PIC32-PINGUINO-OTG_rev_d_searchable_black_white.pdf (Size: 76.34 KB / Downloads: 9)
.zip   sch2wmf.zip (Size: 23.21 KB / Downloads: 2)
05-06-2012, 06:43 PM,
Thanks.

Please bear in mind the other schematics on your site which suffer the same issue (and any future ones).

John