Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Creating a Tutorial
29-05-2012, 09:45 AM,
Creating a Tutorial
Hi Pinguino-Fans,

a few weeks ago I started playing and developing with my new Pinguino. I am a complete newbie to microcontrollers but have a quite good previous knowledge in electrical basics. Of course I started with reading a lot but there is not that much stuff specifically for the pinguino. Most of the pages were of course dealing with the arduino, but that was what I expected. The real problem is that there is no tutorial for the pinguino. There are a lot of tutorials for arduino which tell you how to connect the first led and write a minimal programm, but the only one I found on the net was this one: https://sites.google.com/site/pinguinotutorial/home which is quite dangerous if you use it with a 3V3 board, because you could connect a 5V-Ping with a analog read pin (point "reading analog value").

I thought of something like a "getting started with Pinguino" section in the Wiki which helps a complete newbie to get a Pinguino up and running without reading any datasheets. A few basic examples with nice coloured pictures of how to connect the parts, basic code, and some hints what NOT to do. This would be really good to arouse their interest in the pinguino board.
I am already trying to write a tutorial for PIC32 Pinguinos, but have only started to do so in German untill now.

If anyone wants to help me, I would be very glad!

Thx,

MasterB
29-05-2012, 04:48 PM,
RE: Creating a Tutorial
I thought someone posted along those lines?

Was irrelevant to me so I ignored it...

John
30-05-2012, 08:10 AM,
(29-05-2012, 04:48 PM)pingotg Wrote: I thought someone posted along those lines?

Was irrelevant to me so I ignored it...

John

There is one thread dealing with something like a tutorial, but it is in the spanish forum so not really the same.
12-01-2013, 05:45 PM,
This would be a really nice idea, current Pinguino documentation is a mess!
How is this project going?