Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is tone() function compatible with arduinos's tone() function?
15-07-2012, 08:09 PM,
Is tone() function compatible with arduinos's tone() function?
Hi,

I have tried to use the tone/noTone function as I usually use them on arduino, but it seems that the notes passed to both functions are mapped different to PWM.

I wrote a library for arduino to play different sounds for a project, and I have tried to port to pinguino using the same frequencies and notes, but in pinguino the results are not the same (by far).

Any advise?.

Regards
23-10-2012, 09:19 AM,
RE: Is tone() function compatible with arduinos's tone() function?
Hi,
It's quite difficult to help you without this library you wrote. Can you post a short version to test it ? How different is the result ? Do you get some sound ? Is this about to high or to low frequencies ?
Please tell me and I will try my best to improve the Pinguino version.

(15-07-2012, 08:09 PM)ydirgan Wrote: Hi,

I have tried to use the tone/noTone function as I usually use them on arduino, but it seems that the notes passed to both functions are mapped different to PWM.

I wrote a library for arduino to play different sounds for a project, and I have tried to port to pinguino using the same frequencies and notes, but in pinguino the results are not the same (by far).

Any advise?.

Regards
It is easier to complain than it is to do, but it is better to do than it is to complain.