Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problem with power to a servo
16-09-2012, 12:50 AM,
Problem with power to a servo
hello.

Something is wrong as my pinguino, when I connect a servo he works during segundor and then turns off and does it consecutively, can someone tell me what the problem is.

Thanks.

(sorry for my bad english)
16-09-2012, 06:40 PM,
RE: Problem with power to a servo
I do not understand your question. A common problem with servo: If your servo is too powerfull, it can drain too much power and on a small power supply, you can have a pinguino reset.
17-09-2012, 12:01 AM,
yes I understand that he may be consuming more current than the pinguino can provide, but how it is possible to get the arduino sufficient power to the servo with usb, and pinguino not. what is the difference
17-09-2012, 10:03 AM,
Electrolytic capacitor on direct current are used for this.
Add a big capacitor on the power line near the servo (not the command line)
17-09-2012, 05:22 PM,
thanks for the help. I thought the ceramic capacitor that I have on my board at the power line was enough.
I appreciate the help.
18-05-2013, 09:24 PM,
(17-09-2012, 10:03 AM)koocotte Wrote: Electrolytic capacitor on direct current are used for this.
Add a big capacitor on the power line near the servo (not the command line)

Thanks for your reply.
Im have this problem and with an 100Uf electrolitic capacitor resolve de problem.
31-08-2013, 05:22 AM,
Very good idea, but I recommend an external source and that if you need a high torque or many servos generate too much current and you run the risk of burning out. (Y)

Regards to all!
16-11-2013, 02:23 PM, (This post was last modified: 17-11-2013, 03:12 PM by jesus_sphinx.)
(31-08-2013, 05:22 AM)rialaga Wrote: Very good idea, but I recommend an external source and that if you need a high torque or many servos generate too much current and you run the risk of burning out. (Y)

Regards to all!
I got the same problem and I decided to design a 18F4550 board with separate power for servo lines. As the new servo library is ready on x.4 (rel 940) is able to handle up to 30 servos (full pin users usage), I'm working in a robot project that uses this ability, and that's why I redesigned a Pinguino board. I will publish it soon in my blog.
But again, your reseting problems come from servo current drain if supply is shared between both: PIC and Servo. Absolutely.
"If you think you can do a thing or think you can't do a thing, you're right." Henry Ford
My blog: http://linuxdroids.wordpress.com