Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Missing Servo library for Pinguino OTG pic32 and CDC problem
21-09-2012, 03:48 AM,
Missing Servo library for Pinguino OTG pic32 and CDC problem
Hi,
I just bought a pinguino otg pic32mx440f256 board after my arduino card as been fried.
I started by installing all the software needed and testing the basics demos like blinking etc.. it pretty much worked for me.
But i couldnt get to work with the Servo library, the compiler saying me the file doesnt exist. Is this normal? Someone else had this problem? Or it just mean that it isnt yet written for the pic32?
Cause it exists in the p8 folder. I even tried to copy it to the p32 folder without success.

I also have another problem. It is that the pinguino IDE crashes when I start the debugging mode with USB CDC (serial emulation). Is there a way to fix this?

Thanks.
Sorry for my english.
22-09-2012, 02:51 PM,
RE: Missing Servo library for Pinguino OTG pic32 and CDC problem
Hi,
There is not so much to do to adapt the 8-bit version to 32-bit Pinguino.
I think there is only the interrupt routine to change.
If someone wants to try, I suggest to take a look at DCF77.c which is a good example how interrupts work.

(21-09-2012, 03:48 AM)i_robot Wrote: Hi,
I just bought a pinguino otg pic32mx440f256 board after my arduino card as been fried.
I started by installing all the software needed and testing the basics demos like blinking etc.. it pretty much worked for me.
But i couldnt get to work with the Servo library, the compiler saying me the file doesnt exist. Is this normal? Someone else had this problem? Or it just mean that it isnt yet written for the pic32?
Cause it exists in the p8 folder. I even tried to copy it to the p32 folder without success.

I also have another problem. It is that the pinguino IDE crashes when I start the debugging mode with USB CDC (serial emulation). Is there a way to fix this?

Thanks.
Sorry for my english.
It is easier to complain than it is to do, but it is better to do than it is to complain.
02-10-2012, 10:45 AM,
RE: Missing Servo library for Pinguino OTG pic32 and CDC problem
Hi,
I'm sorry for mot having you answered before but i didnt succeded on doing it.
I tried before but didnt havé much time these days so i want to know if someone already done it?
I think there is already people that already tried to control à servo using pinguino OTG, so i would be really thankful if someone could send me a code or the Servo library or could guide me properly to do it when ill have some little time to do it.