Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Olimex PIC32-T795 support
02-05-2013, 11:35 AM,
RE: Olimex PIC32-T795 support
Done in rev. 786
Thank you.

(02-05-2013, 11:13 AM)ringo125 Wrote: Hello Regis,
Oops, sorry, I was wrong on ADC, messed up with my pinguino-micro board. As discovered yestreday that we need changes in file, cause pins on other boards do not match T795. Hope I did it right this time.
As for account - I would better leave comitting to you, if it is ok, I'm not that experienced in svn.

Reggie
It is easier to complain than it is to do, but it is better to do than it is to complain.
11-05-2013, 11:38 AM,
Hello pinguiners,
I use SPI3 in my project (default for T795). Got to point where I needed UART2 as well (which is on header btw), but discovered this:
- if I use UART2 after SPI3 init, UART3 RX does not work
- if I move code for UART2 before SPI3 init, RX works.
So, 1st is issue with my changes in spi.c, need correct IEC/IFS register bit definitions for SPI3. I made them in interrupt.c and spi.c. Since bits are shared with UART1, they are the same numbers, also vector I put the same.
But, unfortunately after these changes, millis() stop working, which seems unrelated and I cannot figure out why.
Fixed for now with commented out all 3 IntDisable(xx) in SPI.init - again, for me seems unrelated to TMR2.
UART1 is not in use.
May be some ideas?

Reggie

Attached Files
.c   spi.c (Size: 9.99 KB / Downloads: 1)
.c   interrupt.c (Size: 31.06 KB / Downloads: 1)
16-09-2013, 10:35 PM,
Hello,

think i got the same problem with the BOOTLOADER für PIC32-T795

Ordered OLIMEX PIC32-T795 Dev-Board from Mouser.
As I connected to power it showed up with DUROMITE.

So i thought the easieste way to reconfigure is to open 3/2 from RD8 and connect 1/2 RD0 to switch to PINGUINO mode.
But after RESART nothing changed. Still showing up with DUROMITE.

OK so I looked in all forums about a .hex file which includes everything and is ready to flash with an ICD3 Programmer over ICSP.

I tried several BOOTLOADER but not a single one worked.
I think most of them are UBW_32 one´s, but they have other pin connections to LED´s and switches regarding to call up BOOTLOADER-MODE.

So my questions are:

1. Where can I find a actual PIC32-T795 .hex bootloader-file for ICD3, to invoke the two blinking lights, when i push RST/BUT combination to enter BOOTLOADER-MODE? (like PIC32MX220 board)

2. What about the JUMPER RD0 / RD8 ? must they stay open or closed or in which position for Pinguino-mode?

regards
Toni
16-09-2013, 11:04 PM,
Hello,

(16-09-2013, 10:35 PM)ANTONi Wrote: Ordered OLIMEX PIC32-T795 Dev-Board from Mouser.
As I connected to power it showed up with DUROMITE.

Are you sure, it's not a Duinomite? This is a fork of the Maximite basic interpreter.
I think, you have this board.
On the product page linked above you can find the documentation of the board and a HID bootloader.

I own this board, but I'm using it with the original Maximite Basic Interpreter. I'm trying to teach my son programming Smile

Quote:So i thought the easieste way to reconfigure is to open 3/2 from RD8 and connect 1/2 RD0 to switch to PINGUINO mode.
But after RESART nothing changed. Still showing up with DUROMITE.

As far as I know, there is no Pinguino mode. You have to flash a new bootloader.

Greetings,
Oliver
16-09-2013, 11:40 PM,
Hi Oliver,

no, I ordered PIC32T795 and i got exactly this item from MOUSER.

But sorry for my bad writing, you are right, it shows up with Duinomite not with DUROMITE Angry (whatever)

This "Basic Language" I do not want to have, it should be PINGUINO like my questions are.
17-09-2013, 12:59 AM, (This post was last modified: 17-09-2013, 01:12 AM by pingotg.)
Well, product page https://www.olimex.com/Products/Duino/PI...e-hardware shows they ship it by default with Duinomite firmware (see under SOFTWARE).

Yes you can reflash it.

Hang on and I'll try to find hex for you...
edit: sorry, can't find T95 pinguino bootloader - hopefully regis will post where it is else ask Olimex and I expect they'll tell

John
19-09-2013, 09:20 AM,
Here it is :

.hex   UBW32_HIDBoot_MX795.hex (Size: 30.83 KB / Downloads: 5)

I will try to move all the bootloaders on the svn server. Meanwhile, download them from :
http://www.pinguino.cc/download/bootloader/32-bit/
It is easier to complain than it is to do, but it is better to do than it is to complain.
19-09-2013, 10:00 AM,
All bootloaders are now available at :
http://code.google.com/p/pinguino32/sour...ootloaders
19-09-2013, 12:00 PM,
Hello,
so just programmed my OLIMEX PIC32-T795 whith the recommend file you linked. But this is still the same Software I found in the net and shows up with the (LED and SWITCH) faults I discribed above.

It has also the name UBW32.... .hex. Isn´t that the Bootloader for the UBW32 Board form Schmalzhaus?

I also wrote to info.OLIMEX.com to get an actuell PINGUINO-Bloader for the T795 board(with correct LED and SWITCH pinning), but till now there is now answer....Huh

Perhaps member OLIMEX here in the FORUM has an answer?

regards
Toni
19-09-2013, 04:01 PM, (This post was last modified: 19-09-2013, 04:01 PM by LubOlimex.)
(19-09-2013, 12:00 PM)ANTONi Wrote: Hello,
so just programmed my OLIMEX PIC32-T795 whith the recommend file you linked. But this is still the same Software I found in the net and shows up with the (LED and SWITCH) faults I discribed above.

It has also the name UBW32.... .hex. Isn´t that the Bootloader for the UBW32 Board form Schmalzhaus?

I also wrote to info.OLIMEX.com to get an actuell PINGUINO-Bloader for the T795 board(with correct LED and SWITCH pinning), but till now there is now answer....Huh

Perhaps member OLIMEX here in the FORUM has an answer?

regards
Toni

Hey there,

The bootloader is the one regis posted and the one you originally downloaded BUT you missed one point (which probably wasn't made very clear in the manual). The point is regarding the RD8/RD0 pin on the back of the board. Quoting page 17 of the UM:

"RD8/RD0 - Changes the default boot pin. If RD8 is selected starts with Duinomite bootloader. If RD0 is selected Pinguino bootloader. The difference between the two bootloaders is the processor pin used for the button. Duinomite bootloader may be found at the Duinomite repository and Pinguino bootloader may be found in the Pinguino IDE folders."

TL: DR - You need to change the position of the SMT jumper RD8/RD0 = cut between the RD8 pads and solder the RD0 pads. Then you need to upload the bootloader from the Pinguino folders. Then you need to enter bootloader mode by holding button BUT and resetting the board.

Best regards,
Lub/OLIMEX