Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Manual Compile and Upload (without IDE)
02-11-2012, 04:46 PM,
Manual Compile and Upload (without IDE)
Hi, I was trying to get information about compiling and uploading programs in Pinguino without the use of IDE.

Is there something about? I know compiler is Sdcc but I have not found anything about makefile or commands to use in a Linux Terminal.

Thanks in advance.

Pelelalo
02-11-2012, 07:25 PM,
RE: Manual Compile and Upload (without IDE)
Just look at the IDE's python code and do what it does.

John
02-11-2012, 08:53 PM,
(02-11-2012, 07:25 PM)pingotg Wrote: Just look at the IDE's python code and do what it does.

John

I knew someone tells me that, but I don't know python. No problem, it is a good moment to learn something about this language.

Bye.
07-11-2012, 10:50 AM,
Go to wxgui/pinguino.py and take a look at compile and link functions.

(02-11-2012, 08:53 PM)Pelelalo Wrote:
(02-11-2012, 07:25 PM)pingotg Wrote: Just look at the IDE's python code and do what it does.

John

I knew someone tells me that, but I don't know python. No problem, it is a good moment to learn something about this language.

Bye.
It is easier to complain than it is to do, but it is better to do than it is to complain.
07-11-2012, 07:06 PM,
(07-11-2012, 10:50 AM)regis Wrote: Go to wxgui/pinguino.py and take a look at compile and link functions.

(02-11-2012, 08:53 PM)Pelelalo Wrote:

John

Bye.

That file is which I was studying. I think I am going to put a "print" function to look at the output.

Thanks
07-12-2012, 03:06 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-12-2012, 03:07 PM by pingotg.)
I tried doing this. I'm using p32 (on Linux).

The preprocessing is done in python so you keep that or replace it or use nothing (*).

(*) in which case you can't use the "dot" syntax such as SPI.init and it's such a pity that you can't just swap the "." to "_" (well, in this case you can, but not for many others)

You need some #defines / #includes but it's fairly easy.

And it just works. I think I prefer it to using a pde but then I have no Arduino background...

John
08-12-2012, 05:10 PM,
(07-12-2012, 03:06 PM)pingotg Wrote: I tried doing this. I'm using p32 (on Linux).

The preprocessing is done in python so you keep that or replace it or use nothing (*).

(*) in which case you can't use the "dot" syntax such as SPI.init and it's such a pity that you can't just swap the "." to "_" (well, in this case you can, but not for many others)

You need some #defines / #includes but it's fairly easy.

And it just works. I think I prefer it to using a pde but then I have no Arduino background...

John

OK John. Thanks again for your support. Perhaps I don't need to complicate myself, but I really like to know what it happens instead of closing my eyes.

If I get some results I will post them in the forum.
30-12-2012, 04:44 PM,
You might be better with the long-established way(s): a PICkit2 or 3 and use ICSP.

That way you need nothing at all from this project.

John
03-01-2013, 08:03 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-03-2013, 01:50 AM by matias.)
I have started this page at the wiki, relevant to the topic of this thread: http://wiki.pinguino.cc/index.php/Manual_programming

It is about what the IDE does for the user. It is a work in progress, based on the application files I have read so far. Contributions are welcome!
19-02-2013, 06:04 AM,
Good job! I've linked your page on the Wiki so non-forum users can also find it.