Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pinguino better performance: under Ubuntu or Windows?
14-12-2012, 02:02 PM,
Shocked  Pinguino better performance: under Ubuntu or Windows?
Dear Friends,
Time along since no post here, but I'm back! I want to upgrade my tutorials about Pinguino PIC18 and in order to pe updated with the new changes at X.3 version I want to ask:

"Pinguino has a better perfomance at Ubuntu or Windows?"

I'm a Windows user but recently I'm using Ubuntu with VirtualBox and that's why I was asking for this. I really don't have problems running Pinguino under Windows, is just that sometimes ir hard to configure under that OS.

Thanks!!!!!
mi Blog MicroEmbebidos (PINGUINO,PIC,STM32F,ATMEL)
http://microembebidos.wordpress.com/
14-12-2012, 04:52 PM,
RE: Pinguino better performance: under Ubuntu or Windows?
I expect it's best directly on Linux (isn't everything?), but why do you ask?

John
14-12-2012, 05:06 PM,
(14-12-2012, 04:52 PM)pingotg Wrote: I expect it's best directly on Linux (isn't everything?), but why do you ask?

John
Because I'm thinking of changing to Linux for to use with the Pinguino.
14-12-2012, 06:10 PM,
If you have other favourite things for Windows bear in mind they may not exist on Linux, but otherwise just do it Smile

John
15-12-2012, 11:24 AM,
As a Linux user I may be not totally objective but except you will have to change some of your habits, I see only advantages to turn to Linux.
One of them is that Pinguino is developed first under Linux. It will be easier to get the last version (x.4).
Think about dual boot if you're not yet sure.
Régis

(14-12-2012, 06:10 PM)pingotg Wrote: If you have other favourite things for Windows bear in mind they may not exist on Linux, but otherwise just do it Smile

John
It is easier to complain than it is to do, but it is better to do than it is to complain.
15-12-2012, 03:15 PM,
(15-12-2012, 11:24 AM)regis Wrote: As a Linux user I may be not totally objective but except you will have to change some of your habits, I see only advantages to turn to Linux.
One of them is that Pinguino is developed first under Linux. It will be easier to get the last version (x.4).
Think about dual boot if you're not yet sure.
Régis

Thank you Regis for your comment. When you refer about the last releases for Linux I think that's cool to be really updated. I'm going to choose dual boot, meanwhile I'll be using VirtualBox for Ubuntu to do some Pinguino Stuff.

Thanks to all of you!!!