Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pinguino development options
03-01-2013, 07:38 PM,
Pinguino development options
Hello,

I was wondering if people out there had found any GUI solutions for Pinguino Development? Ive downloaded SDCC, and see that it is command line. Saw an old SDCC and Eclipse solution, but I get errors, and it seems like most others are getting the same error.

Are there any GUI's that work with SDCC and Pinguino? If so, can anyone give me any tips for getting them to install and work together? Not to entice any flames my way, but I try not to do command line, if there is any GUI option.
04-01-2013, 01:26 PM,
RE: Pinguino development options
But Pinguino *is* a GUI IDE...

What is it you think you're missing or wish to do differently?

John
04-01-2013, 04:37 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-01-2013, 04:38 PM by radiohound.)
I'd like to do some Pinguino development, using the open source files provided. I'd like to modify Pinguino for a PIC18F27J53, and a few other chips. I hear you have to use SDCC to do that. And SDCC is command line. But perhaps someone has a method of using SDCC with a GUI?

Thanks,

Walter
04-01-2013, 04:57 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-01-2013, 04:58 PM by pingotg.)
The IDE just does it. You don't need to know how.

It uses the command line tools, but you are not made aware of that. (Why would you be?)

I think that to extend the IDE etc you'd have to make mostly simple changes, though not to the tools like SDCC. Have a look around the files that are part of Pinguino. Probably best to start with the latest version.

It will be easier on Linux unless you never used Linux.

John
04-01-2013, 05:21 PM,
Pinguino 27j53 already exists as a prototype on my desk ;-)
USB Bootloader is ready, I just have to complete the IDE to support the new board. Not a big deal ! If you want to help me (and learn about how the whole stuff works), just send me a private message.
Régis

(04-01-2013, 04:57 PM)pingotg Wrote: The IDE just does it. You don't need to know how.

It uses the command line tools, but you are not made aware of that. (Why would you be?)

I think that to extend the IDE etc you'd have to make mostly simple changes, though not to the tools like SDCC. Have a look around the files that are part of Pinguino. Probably best to start with the latest version.

John
It is easier to complain than it is to do, but it is better to do than it is to complain.
19-11-2013, 07:25 PM,
(04-01-2013, 05:21 PM)regis Wrote: Pinguino 27j53 already exists as a prototype on my desk ;-)
USB Bootloader is ready, I just have to complete the IDE to support the new board. Not a big deal ! If you want to help me (and learn about how the whole stuff works), just send me a private message.
Régis

(04-01-2013, 04:57 PM)pingotg Wrote: The IDE just does it. You don't need to know how.

John

Hi Regis!
I recently posted the latest subject on the Troubleshooting tab and I have a question.
Is there any update on the IDE for the 27J53? I'm like an expectant father outside the delivery room!!!
My recent post was about total 8-bit failures. I think I have resolved the bootloader issue but nothing compiles for the 27J53. And, there seems to be various versions of the current IDE - it can be seen by selecting the PIC18F27J53 (one labeled X.4 and the other Rev 9.03 Easy Pak).
Keep up the great work!!

Bill
19-11-2013, 09:08 PM,
Hi Bill,

Did you try with the last bootloader version here ?

I've done some test with the 27j53 but I didn't really add a full support to it. SO no recent update for the 27j53 but we've updated the 47J53 support. So maybe you could take a look at each libraries and add some #defined(__18f27j53) and #defined(PINGUNO27j53) where #defined(__18f47j53) and #defined(PINGUINO47J53A) exist. It should be enough. If you do so please remember all the files you changed and send them to me. I will publish them so that everybody can enjoy your work ;-).

Pinguino IDE is a rolling release. The last version is X.4 rev. 940 (19 Nov. 2013). The last Windows package is based on X.4 rev. 903.

(19-11-2013, 07:25 PM)blledwards Wrote: Hi Regis!
I recently posted the latest subject on the Troubleshooting tab and I have a question.
Is there any update on the IDE for the 27J53? I'm like an expectant father outside the delivery room!!!
My recent post was about total 8-bit failures. I think I have resolved the bootloader issue but nothing compiles for the 27J53. And, there seems to be various versions of the current IDE - it can be seen by selecting the PIC18F27J53 (one labeled X.4 and the other Rev 9.03 Easy Pak).
Keep up the great work!!

Bill
It is easier to complain than it is to do, but it is better to do than it is to complain.