Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
some type issue with AnalogWrite ?
30-12-2013, 09:34 AM,
RE: some type issue with AnalogWrite ?
Hi Ajaborsk,

(29-12-2013, 10:38 PM)ajaborsk Wrote: However, it is not Arduino compatible... Arduino uses (for Due model) two new functions : analogWriteResolution(bits) and (for analogRead() for which the same issue occurs) analogReadResolution(bits).

If Arduino compatibility is a objective, couldn't this be a solution ?

Why not ? It could be also interesting for Pinguino 47J53 and its up to 12-bit resolution.
Then I guess we would have to implement the maximum PWM resolution (bits) for a given PWM frequency which is given by this equation :
PWM Resolution (max) = Log ( Fosc / Fpwm ) / Log ( 2 )
Do you want to do it ?
It is easier to complain than it is to do, but it is better to do than it is to complain.
31-12-2013, 12:10 AM,
Hi Regis,

I'm really a newbie in PIC programming (The only microcontroller I've ever programmed using asm is the 68HC11, and it's a very long time ago...). But I've a pretty good experience in C & Python.

I can try to do some work on these fonctions. I got the whole source tree using a "svn checkout". How do you want me to participate ? By sending you patches ? or using "svn commit" statements ?
02-01-2014, 11:39 AM,
(31-12-2013, 12:10 AM)ajaborsk Wrote: How do you want me to participate ? By sending you patches ? or using "svn commit" statements ?
I'd prefer that you send me your files because we are migrating from google code to github.
Thank you for your help.
It is easier to complain than it is to do, but it is better to do than it is to complain.