Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can i make pc-usb interfaced LED with independent host software with pinguino?
08-07-2013, 01:33 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-07-2013, 01:34 AM by alx741.)
Can i make pc-usb interfaced LED with independent host software with pinguino?
Hi everybody,

I have a maybe fool question, i've discovered pinguino yesterday and i want to know (i've no found this) if i can do whay i need:

I want to write a software for PC (GNU/Linux) that recives a parameter <on/off> [command line software] and thath will turn on and off a led thats are connected on pinguino hardware, but i don't wanna to use pinguino IDE, how pinguino can help me with this?

Thanks! and apologize my bad english

Regards.
08-07-2013, 08:16 AM,
RE: Can i make pc-usb interfaced LED with independent host software with pinguino?
You can, but why not use the IDE? You'd only use it during development.

To avoid it, look what it does when compiling and sending the code across then just do those steps. Works great.

John
08-07-2013, 12:41 PM,
RE: Can i make pc-usb interfaced LED with independent host software with pinguino?
Hi,
Welcome on this Forum.

Programming Pinguino board without Pinguino IDE :
Even if it has been written for Windows and Mac users you might take a look at this : http://wiki.pinguino.cc/index.php/Manual_programming
If you succeed (don't worry it shouldn't be a big deal) you will just have to complete the Wiki for Linux users Wink.

Interfacing PC and Pinguino :
There's a lot of possibilities for what you want to do. Python/PyUSB on PC side, USB CDC on Pinguino side, is one of the simplest. Once again, Pinguino's Wiki is your friend : http://wiki.pinguino.cc/index.php/Interf...mple_-_CDC
It is easier to complain than it is to do, but it is better to do than it is to complain.
08-07-2013, 07:02 PM,
Thank you very much guys, that give me some light

When i said i dont wanna IDE i've mean that y just wanna a firmware to implement USB protocon on PIC (maybe writen in C [SDCC]) and libraries for independent (C/C++) PC side software that communicates with it, so i dont want to make a program for the PIC and put it on it to be independet from PC after the program burning on PIC via USB.

(hope you anderstand me, i'm not native english speaker )

Thank you again!