Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wiki Documentation Needs YOU
12-08-2013, 03:35 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-08-2013, 03:38 AM by Pinguino.)
Wiki Documentation Needs YOU
The Pinguino Wiki is intended to be the best documentation for everything related to the Pinguino software (IDE, compilers etc) and hardware (boards, schematics etc). That is easy to write :-)

More difficult is encouraging Pinguino users to take the time to contribute to the Wiki to add new information (eg interfacing Pinguino to the xyz widget) and to update and/or correct existing information.

Even more difficult again is finding Pinguino users to translate the English language Wiki pages into their own language -- today there are only a few pages in French and/or German and/or Spanish and/or Japanese and many of the few are almost certainly out of date.

Feel FREE to add yourself to the Wiki Team and indicate where possible the area(s) where you can help. All help, however big or small, is needed and is very much appreciated.

See: http://wiki.pinguino.cc/index.php/Roadma....28Wiki.29
26-10-2013, 04:53 PM,
RE: Wiki Documentation Needs YOU
I'm having a go at the wiki...

I'm creating pages for any undocumented library commands & filling in the basic details.

Pages will need to be expanded on, but basic documentation is better than no documentation Smile
26-10-2013, 08:16 PM, (This post was last modified: 27-10-2013, 05:19 AM by niki_m.)
Thumbs Up  RE: Wiki Documentation Needs YOU
Update: I2C library now documented for P8 & P32! - There's a couple of ?'s on a couple of P32 commands for addressing.

Update: PS/2 keyboard library now documented.

Update: PWM library now documented.

Update: Flash library is now documented.
27-10-2013, 12:14 PM,
Thank you for your help.
I've been under Libraries and Functions categories but was unable to find your work. Did I miss the right link ?

(26-10-2013, 08:16 PM)niki_m Wrote: Update: I2C library now documented for P8 & P32! - There's a couple of ?'s on a couple of P32 commands for addressing.

It is easier to complain than it is to do, but it is better to do than it is to complain.
27-10-2013, 03:02 PM,
I have been editing the links given by the Keywords menu in the IDE..

Have just noticed a few inconsistencies between the online help & the main wiki. e.g.

Online IDE docs points to PWM.setPercentDutyCycle, yet the functions list in the main wiki uses PWM.setpercentdutycycle

Will clean this up now!

(27-10-2013, 12:14 PM)regis Wrote: Thank you for your help.
I've been under Libraries and Functions categories but was unable to find your work. Did I miss the right link ?

(26-10-2013, 08:16 PM)niki_m Wrote: Update: I2C library now documented for P8 & P32! - There's a couple of ?'s on a couple of P32 commands for addressing.

27-10-2013, 04:03 PM, (This post was last modified: 27-10-2013, 04:46 PM by niki_m.)
I have unified the wiki list between the IDE online doc viewer and the functions wiki for the libraries I worked on yesterday.

We're having paging issues on the functions list now. Only the first 200 are showing.. Can this limit be upped?

I have just cleaned up the Libraries page too Big Grin
27-10-2013, 07:34 PM, (This post was last modified: 27-10-2013, 08:15 PM by niki_m.)
Virtually every library function now has at least a wiki stub with the right categories set. I've added about 110 functions to the list!

Libraries are nearly organised. Does anyone know what the KB library does?!?!?

Actually, now that the libraries have been organised, it makes no sense to have any library functions listed in the functions category.

I'm going to move them to a Library Functions category instead. They will still also be in the LanguageReference category.
27-10-2013, 11:31 PM, (This post was last modified: 28-10-2013, 12:14 AM by niki_m.)
Functions category now just shows core functions. (Core functions should always be documented away from library functions)

Libraries show every library

Links are now consistent and point to the right pages

Still not sure what the KB library does.

Update: DCF77 library now documented
28-10-2013, 04:11 AM,
Update: PID library now documented.
28-10-2013, 06:30 PM,
Just noticed that many P32 libraries don't have documentation.