Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SOLVED] MRF24j40 Zigbee Module Communication Failure
26-08-2013, 01:59 PM, (This post was last modified: 30-08-2013, 01:24 PM by Pinguino.)
[SOLVED] MRF24j40 Zigbee Module Communication Failure
Hello All,
I have been trying to communicate two MRF24j40MA modules by usuing the example code in the pinguino IDE. I also used the simple pcb on the page http://wiki.pinguino.cc/index.php/With-Z...24J40MA%2B. Everything seems ok. When i program each of the module as a TX module, they work. I can see the transmitted data by using Microchip Zena Wireless Sniffer. However, when i program one module, as a RX and the other one as TX, by using the example code on the pinguino webpage, the modules do not communicate with each others. I can see the transmitted data via Microchip zena wireless sniffer, but reciever module can not get any data. Can anyone help me?
27-08-2013, 06:57 PM,
RE: MRF24j40 Zigbee Module Communication Failure
I think Wiki's example doesn't use the good personal area network number.
It should be :
#define PAN_ID 0x003C
not :
#define PAN_ID 0xFEAA
which is for 8-bit Pinguino.
If it works, could you update the Wiki page ?
Thanks.

(26-08-2013, 01:59 PM)zcogen Wrote: Hello All,
I have been trying to communicate two MRF24j40MA modules by usuing the example code in the pinguino IDE. I also used the simple pcb on the page http://wiki.pinguino.cc/index.php/With-Z...24J40MA%2B. Everything seems ok. When i program each of the module as a TX module, they work. I can see the transmitted data by using Microchip Zena Wireless Sniffer. However, when i program one module, as a RX and the other one as TX, by using the example code on the pinguino webpage, the modules do not communicate with each others. I can see the transmitted data via Microchip zena wireless sniffer, but reciever module can not get any data. Can anyone help me?
It is easier to complain than it is to do, but it is better to do than it is to complain.
27-08-2013, 07:41 PM,
Regis,
Unfortunately it does not work. I have already tried many PAN IDs and tried different channels.

(27-08-2013, 06:57 PM)regis Wrote: I think Wiki's example doesn't use the good personal area network number.
It should be :
#define PAN_ID 0x003C
not :
#define PAN_ID 0xFEAA
which is for 8-bit Pinguino.
If it works, could you update the Wiki page ?
Thanks.

(26-08-2013, 01:59 PM)zcogen Wrote: Hello All,
27-08-2013, 11:46 PM,
Any help?
30-08-2013, 11:08 AM, (This post was last modified: 30-08-2013, 11:10 AM by zcogen.)
Hello Guys,
Regis solved the problem. In __zigbee.c (pinguino\p32\include\pinguino\libraries), there are some lines commented in function init_zigbee().

-mrf24j40_set_pan_id(pan_id);
-mrf24j40_set_short_address(short_address);
-mrf24j40_set_channel(_channel);

If you uncomment them, it will work. A very simple eror. Smile

Regis will update the server today. If you have an IDE from google code before release date 30/08/2013. You need to make this change.

Thank you for your help Regis.
12-03-2018, 09:53 PM,
RE: [SOLVED] MRF24j40 Zigbee Module Communication Failure
Dear All,

Do someone has ever made mesh network to collect data from different nodes using the MRF24J in pingunio? Is it possible?