Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[GNU/Linux] Pinguino IDE x.3 revision 399 install script
01-10-2013, 04:31 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-10-2013, 08:41 PM by FlacoDev.)
Brick  [GNU/Linux] Pinguino IDE x.3 revision 399 install script
Hello,

I was bored and tried to figure out that "Resetting device" stuff on my compiler.
So I edited the (outdated) install script I had download on the PIC32-Pinguino-MX220 Olimex's page.

You can found the edited files on my GitHub -> pinguinoX.3rev399-install-edited

Also; I have tried to attach the install script to this thread but the .sh are forbidden here(?).
It is the x.3 version but I saw there was a x.4; where can I properly download it? (whitout using SVN, if possible).

Well; right now I'm lazy but feel free to modify and share this file (to have the x.4 version, for example).

Note: Actually there's only a Ubuntu version of the install script but feel free to help by adapting if you want. :) (If so, please share !)
I'll probably work on a Arch Linux version this week.

Happy hacking,

Flaco

PS: Do not forget to chmod if needed. ;)
02-10-2013, 09:06 AM,
RE: [GNU/Linux] Pinguino IDE x.3 revision 399 install script
Hi Arthur,
You know there is something great under Linux, we call it package Wink.
I made 3 of them (Pinguino IDE, Pinguino GCC MIPS ELF and Pinguino SDCC PIC16) for Debian (.deb) but I don't have time to go further. I can share all this with you. You will see how simple it is. IMO, it's even simpler than your modified script. It won't be difficult to adapt to the main Linux distributions (Ubuntu, Linux Mint). RPM package would come later.
Tell me ...
It is easier to complain than it is to do, but it is better to do than it is to complain.
02-10-2013, 01:30 PM,
Hello Régis,

Well, I never made any packages; sounds like fun!
If I can help; I'll be happy to do so. Smile

Flaco
02-10-2013, 01:37 PM,
Send me a PM with your email and I will share all files with you on my Google Drive.
It is easier to complain than it is to do, but it is better to do than it is to complain.
06-03-2015, 02:29 PM,
Download the installer according your OS and enjoy the automatic installation from the latest Pinguino IDE :
http://www.pinguino.cc/download.php