Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Green LED Blinking forever
12-10-2013, 08:51 AM,
Green LED Blinking forever
Hello, I've just made my first pinguino based on a 18f2550 and after some trouble installing the IDE, I finally got it working on my computer running Ubuntu. Everything works smoothly, I start the IDE write my code, compile and then I upload it to my Pinguino, the log on the IDE says "Starting User Application"... and all, but the problem is that when that happends the green LED turns off, and then it turns on again and keeps on blinking instead of staying on, it's like the board goes in bootloader mode again and again, I must add that I got it working once with a LED Blinking program,but after that everythime I've tried to upload different programs the same happens. The problems started after I plugged my pinguino to a Wall iPhone charger, could that have damaged something? or am I dealing with a software issue?

Thanks a lot!
16-10-2013, 09:05 AM,
RE: Green LED Blinking forever
(12-10-2013, 08:51 AM)arip13 Wrote: Hello, I've just made my first pinguino based on a 18f2550 and after some trouble installing the IDE, I finally got it working on my computer running Ubuntu. Everything works smoothly, I start the IDE write my code, compile and then I upload it to my Pinguino, the log on the IDE says "Starting User Application"... and all, but the problem is that when that happends the green LED turns off, and then it turns on again and keeps on blinking instead of staying on, it's like the board goes in bootloader mode again and again, I must add that I got it working once with a LED Blinking program,but after that everythime I've tried to upload different programs the same happens. The problems started after I plugged my pinguino to a Wall iPhone charger, could that have damaged something? or am I dealing with a software issue?

Thanks a lot!

So, your device seems to be not programmed!
17-10-2013, 10:14 AM,
Hi,
What is your bootloader version ?
I would recommend to use v4.x (v4.12 is the latest) because it fully supports external power supply.
Try this (I assume you have a 20MHz crystal) :

.hex   Bootloader_v4.12_18f2550_X20MHz.hex (Size: 7.68 KB / Downloads: 6)
Don't forget to choose the right bootloader version (v4.x) in the board selector menu.

PS : v4.12 bootloader starts only when reset button is pressed. Bootloader mode stays on until user uploads something (no delay). After upload or on power-on, user app. starts without delay.
It is easier to complain than it is to do, but it is better to do than it is to complain.
18-10-2013, 12:27 PM,
Hi regis,
It works as expected on 2550 ;-)