Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pinguino CDC and Visual Basic Serial Comm
14-11-2013, 10:06 PM, (This post was last modified: 14-11-2013, 10:09 PM by joel.)
Pinguino CDC and Visual Basic Serial Comm
Hello all,

i am currently working on an electrical focuser for a telescope which is coupled with a Visual basic application for remote control.
When using standard serial librarie code (serial.begin, serial.read or getkey and printf) either with a usb-rs232 module or a bluetooth module, communication went fine. However i am interested in using the usb virtual com port of the pinguino (CDC). In this case, the communication do not work opening the port seems OK, but the application is like locked when write (or read) attempt is performed

Also, when using hyperterminal (teraterm), evrything is working fine (and the same) either with CDC or with serial....
Joined in this mail are the source and compiled VB code as well as the pinguino firmware.
Issue submitted to your knowledge and sagacity...:-)
PC sdie is Win7,64 bits and Viual Bsic 20010
Joël

Attached Files
.zip   SGLFocusControl.zip (Size: 521.04 KB / Downloads: 18)
15-11-2013, 02:58 AM,
RE: Pinguino CDC and Visual Basic Serial Comm
You'd probably do better posting this to a Visual BASIC forum as it's not a Pinguino issue (hyperterminal works, just not your VB program).
16-11-2013, 03:33 PM,
Surely...but actually i was wondering if someone here in the community already encountered the issue. And it seems to me that someone had a similar issue with C#...so may be there is something different in the CDC driver that make hyperterminal working and not VB, C# (handshake, etc???) hence my post!!
Joël
17-11-2013, 04:27 PM,
Probably a related reason like failing to open correctly.

John