Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Windows 7 Driver installation
05-03-2014, 08:53 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-03-2014, 09:15 AM by speshnz.)
Windows 7 Driver installation
Hi

So my pinguino turned up today i thought i would get it all setup and have a look at what it could do.

I've managed to get the IDE installed and that seems to be ok. But i can not get the driver installed

When i intially plug it in, nothing is detected, if i press the reset/reboot button it appears in device manager for about 10 seconds. then disappears. If i try and install the driver while its visible it fails with an error about a file not found (both the inf ad cab are extracted.)

- Pinguino version number Pinguino 47j53B Model A Rev 1.2
- Operating System Windows 7
- Screenshots of the problem, Can provide a screen shot of a pinguino less device manager if needed
- Step-By-Step details on how to reproduce this issue. Plug pinguino in, nothing is detected.
- Let us know how many times were you able to reproduce the issue you are reporting. Every time

Any help would be appreciated

Cheers
Shane

Some progress, it appears in there as pinguino project, but when i do properties it says

The software for this device has been blocked from starting because it is known to have problems with Windows. Contact the hardware vendor for a new driver. (Code 48)

Click 'Check for solutions' to send data about this device to Microsoft and to see if there is a solution available.
05-03-2014, 10:40 AM,
RE: Windows 7 Driver installation
Typical MS stuff for an unsigned driver? google the message and get ideas?

John
05-03-2014, 12:46 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-03-2014, 01:11 PM by speshnz.)
(05-03-2014, 10:40 AM)pingotg Wrote: Typical MS stuff for an unsigned driver? google the message and get ideas?

John

The only thing i get from the message is, contact the manufacturer for a new driver.

I've attached what i can see when it appears. but thats the problem, it disappears about 10 seconds after i've pressed the reload/boot button.

After that if i look in device manager it doesnt even show up (even hear the sound notification that a device has been removed)

basic proceedure.

Plug device in, nothing, no change in device manager. Rescan nothing.
Press reset/boot button on the pinguino, appears as in the screenshot for approximately 10 seconds then disappears.

Weird

uninstalled the device (for the couple of seconds it was there) reconnected and now it seems to be working... YAY

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

12-03-2014, 04:44 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-03-2014, 05:02 AM by Callmea.)
Can you try this?

I m not sure that solves your error 48, but you can try Wink

Go to this url :
http://neosmart.net/dl.php?id=1

Download the free version of EasyBCD
Go to advanced options, and activate loading of unsigned drivers.

I don't recommend to make that, but you can test if it works after (It s a potential risk, If you make it it s on your own responsability Wink )
13-03-2014, 01:31 AM,
I have the same issue. can anybody help us?.. my pinguino is detected by windows 7 only when i press the reset button, then, after 5 secs it disappear and the status led starts to blink fast. i try in windows xp and had the same issue
13-03-2014, 01:44 AM, (This post was last modified: 13-03-2014, 01:45 AM by Callmea.)
It s strange, i recently install it on windows 7 with no issue (except with libusb, never runs the filter exe inside the archive; it crashed my windows !)

Can you tell me which version of lib usb are you using?
When you're in non bootloader mode, do you have an unrecognized device in device manager?
What do you have in bootloader mode?

I need to install twice the driver. First in standard mode (it has installed a com port), and a second time quickly in bootloader mode (It has installed Pinguino project).
13-03-2014, 02:20 AM,
Pinguino requires 2 USB drivers -- for bootloader (hid class) and virtual com port (cdc class).

Previously I had to supply mchpcdc.* file for CDC driver when it is detected, but recently I noticed that Windows 7 64bit managed to identify and download and install the CDC driver from Windows Update automatically.

DJ
17-09-2014, 10:46 PM,
Hi there,

I had the same problem as the original poster.

To fix this I followed the instructions here:

http://wiki.pinguino.cc/index.php/Windows_7

Code:
LibUSB 1.2.6

Pinguino needs LibUSB to communicate with your computer. Do not install a previous version of LibUSB on Windows 7, only use the version 1.2.6 with a Windows 7 computer.

Except if you need them, don't install the executables files inside the archive file, else blue screens may appear at startup.

Download the libusb archive from http://sourceforge.net/projects/libusb-win32/files/libusb-win32-releases/1.2.6.0/ and extract the files into a directory.
    Go to this directory.
    Disconnect your pinguino.
    Then you need to know what processor is in your computer.
        If your computer is an X86 32 bit system:
            go to the libusb-win32-bin-1.2.6.0\bin\x86 folder,
            rename the file libusb0_x86.dll to libusb0.dll,
            copy this new file in the c:\Windows\system32\ folder,
            copy the file libusb0.sys to the c:\Windows\system32\drivers\ folder,
        If your computer is an X86 64 bit system:
            go to the libusb-win32-bin-1.2.6.0\bin\x86 folder,
            rename the file libusb0_x86.dll to libusb0.dll,
            copy this new file in the c:\Windows\syswow64\ folder,
        If your computer is an AMD 64 bit system:
            go to the libusb-win32-bin-1.2.6.0\bin\amd64 folder,
            copy this new file in the c:\Windows\system32\ folder,
        If your computer is an intel IA64 bit system:
            go to the libusb-win32-bin-1.2.6.0\bin\ia64 folder,
            copy the file libusb0.dll in the c:\Windows\system32\ folder,

After plugging in the pingunio, windows notfies me that it is installing new device drivers. Open that dialog and press skip searching windows update.

It should now find the driver in your windows installation automatically.

You do have to be quick enough so that the pingunio doesn't drop out of the boot loader.

Your board should then flash it's user led rapidly indicating you have been sucessful.

Best regards

Conoral11