Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pinguino as programmer.
07-05-2014, 03:11 PM,
Pinguino as programmer.
Hello all,

I would like to know if someone already made a Pinguino program to program another PIC.

Say I have an universal Pinguino and made a new PCB with another PIC18F type. I like to program the new Chip with the Pinguino board as a programmer.

Maybe even program a PIC16 with an extra power source.

Best regards,
Gerard
08-05-2014, 12:13 AM,
RE: Pinguino as programmer.
Yes, see the Pinguino Wiki at http://wiki.pinguino.cc/index.php/PIC18F...eplication
08-05-2014, 06:22 AM,
(08-05-2014, 12:13 AM)Pinguino Wrote: Yes, see the Pinguino Wiki at http://wiki.pinguino.cc/index.php/PIC18F...eplication

Some time ago I found this blog entry of a guy who has build a pic programmer with an arduino.

And this guy uses the JTAG interface to burn a program on a PIC32MX with an arduino.

Maybe this links are interesting for someone.

PinguPlus
08-05-2014, 12:57 PM,
@Pinguino
I had seen the replicator. It is almost what I mean with my question.
What I like to do is not replication. At this moment I am using a programmer to burn a chip. It would be nice that all different types of chips could be burned. Arduino can be used as ISP in the Arduino program.
09-05-2014, 07:57 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-05-2014, 07:58 AM by regis.)
Hi Gerard,
I wrote 2 programs to use ICSP with any 8-bit Pinguino :
- one in python, running on your PC
- one pde, running on your Pinguino (the programmer)
It's not totally finished (at least the PC interface) but tell me if you are interested and we could go a step forward.
It is easier to complain than it is to do, but it is better to do than it is to complain.
09-05-2014, 09:38 AM,
Both are of interest if they'll do PIC32 - especially as there's a thread starting this on thebackshed but as yet no code.

Anything simple that works or is part way there would be good.

John
11-05-2014, 10:53 PM,
Hello Pingotg,

The mentioning above about the replicator is a good start. it has a routine that is reading from it own chip and copying to another chip.

If this can be turned around in a routine to read the hex and config from a sd-card it would be a great start.