Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it possible to make a joystick
09-06-2014, 06:06 PM,
Is it possible to make a joystick
So, I still do this for fun, as a hobby, which means I don't actually spend hours and hours debugging anymore. and I was wondering if there is any fast way to create a joystick using a pinguino.

I did one a few years ago using an arduino, but the usb descriptor was configured from the IDE, so I actually didn't have to do anything more than sending and receiving keystrokes.

How hard would it be to create a USB PC joystick from a pinguino? is there any way to change the way the pinguino shows itself to the PC?
18-02-2016, 07:49 PM, (This post was last modified: 18-02-2016, 07:55 PM by jwzumwalt.)
Photo  RE: Is it possible to make a joystick
(09-06-2014, 06:06 PM)dc_740 Wrote: So, I still do this for fun, as a hobby, which means I don't actually spend hours and hours debugging anymore. and I was wondering if there is any fast way to create a joystick using a pinguino.

I did one a few years ago using an arduino, but the usb descriptor was configured from the IDE, so I actually didn't have to do anything more than sending and receiving keystrokes.

How hard would it be to create a USB PC joystick from a pinguino? is there any way to change the way the pinguino shows itself to the PC?

I'm not sure what you mean by making a joystick but for less than $1 and two analog inputs will make one of these work....
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/1PCS-LOT-Dual-axis-XY-Joystick-Module-For-Arduino-Free-Shipping/32280675624.html
----------------
Thanks,
j
wzumwalt
 (\__/)
 (='.'=)
 (")_(")