Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PINGUINO v11 pre-release
23-09-2014, 01:08 PM,
RE: PINGUINO v11 pre-release
(02-07-2014, 09:12 PM)MefhigosetH Wrote: Hi André, thanks for your feedback.

I'm happy that the installer has work for you on XP. I work a lot on this code.

About CDC, I think that you need the CDC driver to make this work fine. I can include this device driver on the installer, maybe this help.

The installer code is only for Windows 32-bit, now.

It works on windows 8 64 bit too (for me Smile )

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

18-11-2014, 01:36 AM, (This post was last modified: 18-11-2014, 01:47 AM by pingry.)
I just installed the v1.1.0-beta1 under Windows7 64 bit.

I'm not keen on installers which insist on installing on the C: drive (this is my SSD). I would much appreciate being allowed to choose the installation root (I have a microprocessor directory on my G: drive for example).

I was able to run the IDE. I selected the 32 bit processor and loaded the blink example. It did't work. I discovered that the p32 libraries were missing. It wasn't clear where I should find them.

I am also confused. The zip files which suggests that it is the source doesn't appear to be. I am interested in playing around with the source code, but as explained in my other postings I have got nowhere with running the source of previous versions under Windows7 Sad
18-11-2014, 03:18 AM,
Lightbulb  RE: PINGUINO v11 pre-release
(18-11-2014, 01:36 AM)pingry Wrote: I just installed the v1.1.0-beta1 under Windows7 64 bit.

I'm not keen on installers which insist on installing on the C: drive (this is my SSD). I would much appreciate being allowed to choose the installation root (I have a microprocessor directory on my G: drive for example).

I was able to run the IDE. I selected the 32 bit processor and loaded the blink example. It did't work. I discovered that the p32 libraries were missing. It wasn't clear where I should find them.

I am also confused. The zip files which suggests that it is the source doesn't appear to be. I am interested in playing around with the source code, but as explained in my other postings I have got nowhere with running the source of previous versions under Windows7  Sad

Hi!

Please, use the beta-2 release at https://github.com/MefhigosetH/PinguinoI...r/releases. The beta-1 is bogous...

We are working in a beta-3 release with some improvements and updated packages. It would be finished soon. Stay tuned!

This beta-2 doesn't have embedded the 32-bits PIC compiler too. You can found the compilers and libraries here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/pinguino...s/windows/

You have to download the following files:
+ pinguino-windows64-sdcc-mpic16.zip is the lastest 8-bit compiler.
+ pinguino-windows32-gcc-mips-elf2.zip is the latest 32-bit compiler. (note the number "2" at the end of filename)
- -
Victor Villarreal
GnuPG Key ID: 0x39BCA9D8
https://github.com/MefhigosetH/
18-11-2014, 07:33 PM,
I suggest to remove the files that keep on misleading new users. Either put up proper ones or nothing.

John
18-11-2014, 07:37 PM,
(18-11-2014, 07:33 PM)pingotg Wrote: I suggest to remove the files that keep on misleading new users.  Either put up proper ones or nothing.

John

Ok, I'll keep it in mind to the next release.

Thanks.
- -
Victor Villarreal
GnuPG Key ID: 0x39BCA9D8
https://github.com/MefhigosetH/
18-11-2014, 09:36 PM,
Thanks. Your quick reply is much appreciated.

I am hoping to get the source code and add a new board to the project, but I am still finding my way around at the moment and running into all sorts of issues (see my other postings). I need to get the latest sources and work with them.
22-11-2014, 08:24 PM,
Well I have installed (copied) the missing libraries directory. When I try to compile the simple blink example for 32-bit I get a dialog "Impossible to compile this file, missing libraries and/or compiler".

Well this is not helpful! I really need to know what is missing. Perhaps there is a log file somewhere, and if so the dialog should really point out where to find it.

When I was working on the Python source of an earlier version, now abandoned as I realise it is out of date, I did some work on the code which checked for all the files and made it much more helpful. I have no idea if this dialog is launched when similar code fails to find all the necessary files.

This is meant to be helpful feedback to help enhance the code to help others should they find themselves in the same situation in the future.
23-11-2014, 12:04 AM,
OK it appears that 32-bit support in the v11 has not been tested. I am finding it completely broken.
After much hacking I have found various problems and code which must be fixed.

Just where do I bug report these issues?

The final nail in the coffin appears to be the gcc compiler which gives some obscure error message.

Code:
C:\pinguino-ide\v11\user\source>mips-gcc user.c
mips-gcc: CreateProcess: No such file or directory

After googling I added the -v option to gcc to see if it helped figure out what the problem was. Here is the output

Code:
C:\pinguino-ide\v11\user\source>mips-gcc -v user.c
Using built-in specs.
COLLECT_GCC=mips-gcc
Target: mips-elf
Configured with: ../configure --target=mips-elf --program-prefix=mips- --enable-languages=c --prefix=/home/jpm/pcompiler
--disable-nls --disable-tui --disable-gdbtk --disable-shared --enable-static --disable-threads --disable-bootstrap
--with-dwarf2 --enable-multilib --enable-sim --with-float=soft --without-headers --with-lib-path=:
--with-pkgversion='Pinguino C Compiler for PIC32 v4.5'
Thread model: single
gcc version 4.5.2 (Pinguino C Compiler for PIC32 v4.5)
COLLECT_GCC_OPTIONS='-v' '-msoft-float' '-mno-synci'
cc1 -quiet -v -imultilib soft-float -iprefix c:\pinguino-ide\compilers\p32\bin\../lib/gcc/mips-elf/4.5.2/ user.c
-quiet -dumpbase user.c -msoft-float -mno-synci -auxbase user -version
-o G:\Users\abc\AppData\Local\Temp\ccomn6Vh.s
mips-gcc: CreateProcess: No such file or directory

There are at least 3 files in there which don't exist or have badly formed paths (mixture of DOS and Unix).