Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Use pinguino IDE for PIC16f877A
14-02-2015, 10:35 PM,
Use pinguino IDE for PIC16f877A
Hi all!
How can I use pinguino to program pic16f877a?
I don't need bootloader. I want to burn hex file directly on chip. 
15-02-2015, 02:32 AM,
RE: Use pinguino IDE for PIC16f877A
I would suggest reading http://www.pinguino.cc/ before going further with this inquiry. I don't believe the pinguino software supports that chip. Only some 18F and 32MX chips with hardware usb. The pic16f877a doesn't have hardware USB for a start and is a bit too low end for the current Pinguino system.
15-02-2015, 08:56 AM,
Thanks!
I used arduino for attiny13a. it's have 1K bytes flash, 64bytes EEPROM and 64bytes SRAM. of course many functions not work in tiny13a but it's useful for some preojects. 
I think USB is not important. I don't need boot loader. I don't need USB communication.  
15-02-2015, 02:20 PM,
Arduino is not the same as Pinguino. While the Pinguino project uses a lot of the Arduino code base it is,,currently at least,,intended for chips with hardware USB. With most Arduino chips you need a serial interface to the Arduino bootloader. This is generally provided by an external USB to Serial adapter chip. There are a couple of Arduinos built on AVR chips with USB interface and there is a special build of the Arduino software to support this. This special build seems to be what the Pinguino is built from, with the USB stack changed to be compatible with the PIC USB hardware obviously. (If any Pinguino developers know better, feel free to hump in here as I'm just going from what I have seen so far.)