Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where to download a stable Version (10.4?)
15-06-2015, 10:41 AM,
Where to download a stable Version (10.4?)
I have installed the newest IDE Version 11beta 3,  but it makes a lot of problems. (Windows Vista)

On the download-site  http://pinguino.cc/download.php , this is the only available version.

Where can i get the last stable Version,   10.4 ?

There were no problems with 9.59 and 8.57.
15-06-2015, 06:15 PM,
RE: Where to download a stable Version (10.4?)
Personally , more stable version i tried was/is the " x4-easy-rev959 " . This said, im sure i done slight fixes of bugs mentioned here in the forum... No CDC serial debugging option, though. Im still using it at the moment.
16-06-2015, 12:55 PM,
(15-06-2015, 10:41 AM)joquis Wrote: I have installed the newest IDE Version 11beta 3,  but it makes a lot of problems. (Windows Vista)

On the download-site  http://pinguino.cc/download.php , this is the only available version.

Where can i get the last stable Version,   10.4 ?

There were no problems with 9.59 and 8.57.

http://wiki.pinguino.cc/index.php/Catego..._Downloads (X.4 rev999)
19-06-2015, 09:08 AM,
Hi guys,
We can not fix bugs if the only feedback we get is : "it doesn't work" or "it makes a lot of problems", we need more details.
Thank you for your understanding.
It is easier to complain than it is to do, but it is better to do than it is to complain.
24-11-2015, 10:17 PM,
Newbie as of today!! Not in the business nor with Microchip, far from it, but with Pinguino. Just got my Olimex board (PIC32MX) yesterday and running today. Was starting to like version X.4 when I saw Yeison's YouTube video about graphical version 11!! Wow! Had to have it! So I got it, first failing a couple of times via the link Yeison supplied on YouTube to GitHub-- something about no Python wheel on my Windows 7 64-bit computer-- and then found your link http://pinguino.cc/download.php. So I've got it downloaded and SEEM to have gotten version 11 installed-- I have a folder named 'C:/pinguino-11.' There is a Windows Batch File named pinguino and 14 other files, plus ten subdirectories. But there is no .exe that seems suitable to start the IDE! pinguino-uninstall.exe is there, and it follows that pinguino.exe should be there too-- or somewhere! Please, how can I correct my mistakes and get graphical version 11 to run? I've never seen the like of it other than code I've written myself, and I can't wait to try it as I push forward with my LED project. Thanks! Loren-- a very excited newbie.
24-11-2015, 10:27 PM,
I should add that the installation created a shortcut to C:\pinguino-11\pinguino.bat on my desktop, but only shows an empty DOS box for a second. Likewise when I run the batch file manually by clicking on it via Windows Explorer. Is it that the batch file is empty in error? If so, perhaps I can hand-insert the content it is supposed to have, and make the IDE work. What do you think? Thanks again, Loren
25-11-2015, 12:56 AM,
I have fixed the installation. The batch file calls Python, which calls the last module installed, PySomething, I forget exactly. It couldn't find it. I know this because I opened up a DOS window and replicated what the batch file is doing, until I found where Python was failing. I probably messed up the installation when I got that wheel error at an earlier attempt-- I manually downloaded the latest Python version, 2.8, with its own accompanying problems. Pinguino uses 2.7.7, so I decided to uninstall ALL Pinguino and all Python stuff from my hard drive, and start over. Once I did that, everything went smoothly, and I am currently in Pinguino 11 and about to try that WAY cool-looking graphical interface. Thanks! Loren
14-12-2015, 03:44 AM, (This post was last modified: 14-12-2015, 04:06 AM by jwzumwalt.)
(19-06-2015, 09:08 AM)regis Wrote: Hi guys,
We can not fix bugs if the only feedback we get is : "it doesn't work" or "it makes a lot of problems", we need more details.
Thank you for your understanding.

OK, here is one Smile

I am using PIC32 Olimex Micro and the IDE (all versions I tried) will not allow a file to be saved or created with the same filename as an existing one. If you attempt to compile a file with a name that already exists (even if it is located in a different directory), you will get bizarre error messages like a dialog box that says "Unknown error", stdout says "'_digitalWrite' is not recognized as an internal or external command,"
- REALLY?.

The same is true for a dir name. If a file name exists that is the same as a directory, the IDE will not compile.

(It has taken me several weeks to figure out what the problem is).
----------------
Thanks,
j
wzumwalt
 (\__/)
 (='.'=)
 (")_(")