Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IDE Problems Compiler problems
02-01-2016, 11:47 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-01-2016, 11:59 PM by jwzumwalt.)
RE: IDE Problems Compiler problems
(02-01-2016, 08:45 PM)Mark2016 Wrote: So it is from your post but  software not from this site This sites version does not work  I have tried this its non responsive to events  Simply out it doesn't work !!

I cant believe I'm having to go through all of this to try and get some response from persons in an attempt to actually get this to work on Linux Ubuntu 12.04 machines

Is it my language or is that i don't explain this correctly

Does any one else know of this problem and how to get t round this  apart from use windows please ??

Cheers !!

Hi Mark,

My Name is Jan Zumwalt and I am the one who wrote the IDE rating. It was originally posted on this site but the admin removed it. Everyone for the last two years I have been watching tries Pinguino a couple times gets frustrated and ends up with MPLab. I offered to help the sysadmin but it was declined. As a result, I am creating my own site ZoomAviation.com/pinguino/ - it will take about a month for me to complete.

I tried every IDE and really like the concept. I know, and do use MPLab, but prefer something quick as a proof of concept, particularly when working with sensors. Anyway, feel free to send me a private message and I will give you my direct email,
- I will help you. (I sent my email to you via a private message)

In a week or two, I am going to explore a very simple editor that will send to the compiler - we'll see!
----------------
Thanks,
j
wzumwalt
 (\__/)
 (='.'=)
 (")_(")
03-01-2016, 05:20 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-01-2016, 05:22 PM by pingotg.)
Mark2016 - You've quoted someone else's review and post. Nothing to do with me. I don't use MPIDE.

So far as I can see you've never commented on the reply I wrote you in the Olimex forum that I keep reminding you about. That's the one where I said how I get the IDE to run with a tiny change...

John
03-01-2016, 07:23 PM,
(02-01-2016, 11:47 PM)jwzumwalt Wrote:
(02-01-2016, 08:45 PM)Mark2016 Wrote: So it is from your post but  software not from this site This sites version does not work  I have tried this its non responsive to events  Simply out it doesn't work !!

I cant believe I'm having to go through all of this to try and get some response from persons in an attempt to actually get this to work on Linux Ubuntu 12.04 machines

Is it my language or is that i don't explain this correctly

Does any one else know of this problem and how to get t round this  apart from use windows please ??

Cheers !!

Hi Mark,

My Name is Jan Zumwalt and I am the one who wrote the IDE rating. It was originally posted on this site but the admin removed it. Everyone for the last two years I have been watching tries Pinguino a couple times gets frustrated and ends up with MPLab. I offered to help the sysadmin but it was declined. As a result, I am creating my own site ZoomAviation.com/pinguino/ - it will take about a month for me to complete.

I tried every IDE and really like the concept. I know, and do use MPLab, but prefer something quick as a proof of concept, particularly when working with sensors. Anyway, feel free to send me a private message and I will give you my direct email,
- I will help you. (I sent my email to you via a private message)

In a week or two, I am going to explore a very simple editor that will send to the compiler - we'll see!

Brilliant news jwzumwalt

Ill be in touch

i agree with you It is an excellent concept  its just so disappointing with this compiler IDE story but I'm going to back to see Johns post  in a minute and yes id love to work on a project like this and really do something half decent  this i think would make many people happy

As mentioned Ive said Ive never written a compiler i would not have a clue as where to start however I notice they aren't really doing this

The compiler obviously works so you should be able to invoke this from just command line which in reality is apparently,  from my own knowledge, is all they are doing with the IDE (Event driven window with a document object inside a frame and menu driven ) Simple terms possibly a lot more than just that but for starters that would at least be some improvement

If you look at the standard out then you can see what the compiler roughly does and what libraries this includes

Exactly the same as how sdcc works or any other compiler  only its invoked by very brief study on this via an event driven model in other words a user simply clicking a button to compile equally another button on the IDE to save the file  You could even create your own C# interface to do this  This would be just as good

The only difficulty I'm having is its wont see or cant find one of the libraries which,  if someone looked at the std out they would notice possibly even be able to diagnose and say give that report , or series of reports via Linux command  using grep or other piped syntax  and then say , "Ahh your missing so and so or your path isn't correct or  theres your problem do this "

Anyway thats at least some pleasing news

Back to John  ...

I quite understand what he is saying with his link as the link points to your page so I am to say very confused and  frustrated with this how ever on the plus side I can at least I can compile on windows but i want to be able do this on Linux reasons are ...

"This would give many people on very low incomes  and not quite up to date hardware the opportunity to learn new skills without the enormous costs of courses " 

My thinking plus think of the market if they got this right ( not limited works on all os )

This to me is common sense  then we can all promote a decent board low cost with free ide to compile on any flavor of Linux   without having people feel completely excluded and cheated out of something that could really be top notch  or for reasons of having a pc to do this is so expensive with operating systems compilers you name it

So my aim here is hardware design on Linux open source , PCB design open source , Compiler open source and of course IDE open source using dis-used dumped pc's

The banks throw them out Internet cafes through them out

Why dump them when someone could really benefit form them ?  

" We are not all wealthy most of us are on very low incomes not that makes me to happy either still thats life at present "

To me thats solve  major epidemic  of , "Not being able to afford " Solves this for many people whom are equally as talented and could even start work or a useful job with this knowledge   those that  would like too put it that way

I would hope this makes sense put it that way

but hank you for getting back to me  i really appreciate your reply

Mark2106 
Idea
04-01-2016, 12:41 AM,
I don't think I've posted a link. You sound still to be confusing my replies with other replies.

You posted in the Olimex forum. I replied there. I figured you'd read any replies to what you posted. It's not complicated.

John
05-01-2016, 05:30 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-01-2016, 05:32 PM by Mark2016.)
(04-01-2016, 12:41 AM)pingotg Wrote: I don't think I've posted a link.  You sound still to be confusing my replies with other replies.

You posted in the Olimex forum.  I replied there.  I figured you'd read any replies to what you posted.  It's not complicated.

John

Hi pingtong

I have got yoiu confused with someone elses reply I have left a comment in olimex forum so i logged back in today on olimex to see your reply and I cant find this For some reason also number of messages left on my olimex profile is showing zero

Could you possibly send me a link to  where your reply is please ?
Appreciated

Thanking your for your patiance
Many thanks

Mark
05-01-2016, 08:01 PM,
How odd.

Your post with my reply after it is here https://www.olimex.com/forum/index.php?topic=4971.0

John
06-01-2016, 07:18 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-01-2016, 07:21 AM by Mark2016.)
(05-01-2016, 08:01 PM)pingotg Wrote: How odd.

Your post with my reply after it is here https://www.olimex.com/forum/index.php?topic=4971.0

John

Thank you  

John Ive now found it  Ill go try this then get back to  you if any problems

Please see attached taken at 05:11 am this morning 6th  Jan 2016

After checking your link which took me directly to the answer that you had provided
I doubled checked my profile on Olimex Forum No messages showing Checked  my posted messages and went directly to where I posted couldn't find your reply  so i took a snap shot to illutsrate why i couldn't find  your answers

Not to worry found  this now

Thank you

Mark2016

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

06-01-2016, 10:19 AM,
(05-01-2016, 08:01 PM)pingotg Wrote: How odd.

John

Well I don't know Ive done every thing you have suggested >>> Nope !! No joy at all

Ive tried re installing removed all references , directories , files to the install and Still wont work

So  Ive zipped the cloned version obtained form github which at least gets part way and leaving you with a drop box link which hopefully you can examine and see if you can make any sense of this I cant

One of these days some people might even produce something that actually works ( Terrible this  also if you don't mind me saying  not just terrible Its just so fundamentally  wrong especially when others are investing and buying these from yourselves )

I wonder how you would think  and what you actions might be if i produced work for yourselves like this Perhaps we should !!

Here is the link for anyone who might just be able to throw some light on this subject

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kf2kca518ajlu8...ar.gz?dl=0
06-01-2016, 11:52 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-01-2016, 11:55 AM by pingotg.)
Did you try the LD_LIBRARY_PATH thing? (On Linux.)

I needed to get udev right (as non-root) as well as that.

I'm only using Linux (various ones, they're near enough alike), not Windows.

---

As regards the bugs in the Pinguino IDE/etc project, yes they're very annoying because one version works and then the next doesn't. Acceptable if it's a non-release just for the few core people but not acceptable at all for anyone else. (My 2c.) But it's their project so they can break it if they want. Such a pity though.

What I do is find a version that works and when a newer one comes out ignore it for ages then try it in a separate place (sub directory/folder). I can use either version so if it's broken I just go back to the old one.

I really believe strongly this should not be necessary but it's not my project.

If I relied on much PIC32 stuff I'd maybe join the project and try to make it work right, but I don't much PIC32 stuff.

John
06-01-2016, 01:52 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-01-2016, 02:12 PM by Mark2016.)
Hi John Yes tried this all ways
no joy at all save that of Ide launches, you can open examples it attempts to compile and then same Error

Can you issue possibly comment line syntax for compiling in full via terminal 

As a matter of interest you have to run post_install.py before libruaries will install The path.cfg can be opened with an editor Nano or Vi to see what the environmental variables are set to These do point to the correct path 

Under ~/.pinguino you can then find other parts of the install 

/usr/share/pinguino-11 will give you the P32 and P8 folders

Also tried the installer script as suggested via this link
http://www.pinguino.cc/download.php the zinstall.sh

Hence my upload to drop box
Test.py complains about clockspeed but I presume that's due to no dev bourd being seen 

Other than this back to square one I guess unless someone can identify this problem 

Cheers Mark