Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IDE Problems Compiler problems
07-01-2016, 11:53 PM,
RE: IDE Problems Compiler problems
I just noticed that Olimex apparently has pulled all support for Pinguino.cc. They are now providing links and instructions for using MPIDE...
----------------
Thanks,
j
wzumwalt
 (\__/)
 (='.'=)
 (")_(")
09-01-2016, 09:44 PM,
(07-01-2016, 11:53 PM)jwzumwalt Wrote: I just noticed that Olimex apparently has pulled all support for Pinguino.cc. They are now providing links and instructions for using MPIDE...

Surprise surprise  ( clever ) I wonder why that is then uhm ..... sos ...  get out quick while you can , "Oh Normal as soon as they spot this then its run like mad " Ive got to laugh at this Talk about terrible  Not really that funny though is it truthfully still never mind some you win I guess some you lose lets hope we don't have to many of these ones

Sounds familiar to the old age Microsoft story if you cant get it to work sell the public a news OS (Brilliant at this they are too )

Oddly enough I have got this to work on windows but I cant get this to work on Linux with MPIDE either It will compile though  thats the good news that part of it seems to work

How do you upload this to the board that would make me happy

I have got your email do you know where these links are by any chance 

Thanks

Mark2016
10-01-2016, 05:41 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-01-2016, 05:47 AM by jwzumwalt.)
(09-01-2016, 09:44 PM)Mark2016 Wrote: do you know where these links are by any chance 

Not quite sure which links your looking for, but I posted a rating of all Pinguino dev platforms on the Olimex web site and it includes links - https://www.olimex.com/forum/index.php?topic=4482.0

I can tell you that folks have trouble with MPIDE and UECIDE too. In order to use MPIDE you must load their version of a bootloader using the ICSP pins. After that, you can use the USB.

I have a Micro board and noticed support for Pinguno.cc stopped, their PIC32 product support now points to mpide.

https://www.olimex.com/Products/Duino/PI...e-hardware
https://www.olimex.com/Products/Duino/PI...e-hardware

So far as I know, all Pinguino IDE's are actually using an Arduino IDE engine that has been re-defined with PIC instructions sets. The Arduino folks have most of the same problems because the underlying development engine is flawed.
----------------
Thanks,
j
wzumwalt
 (\__/)
 (='.'=)
 (")_(")
10-01-2016, 07:07 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-01-2016, 08:49 PM by Mark2016.)
Hi jwzumwalt

Yes checked this  they refer to this version mentioned in your link

Quote:https://www.olimex.com/Products/Duino/PI...e-hardware
On visiting the https://www.olimex.com site they recommend the following ha , ha, ha ... The fiasco continues Suprise suprise (Not at all )

Quote:SOFTWARE

Pinguino installation related:

PINGUINO IDE INSTALLATION on Windows
       PINGUINO IDE Linux installation script

Link for Linux is  as follows  under the pinguino install
https://www.olimex.com/Products/Duino/PI...uinoX2.zip

Unzipping this produces as you would expect a script

Heres comes the best part

Here is the script  below
Code:
#!/bin/sh

# Script to install Pinguino IDE version beta X 208 in Ubuntu 10.04.
# Raul Zanardo : zanardo19@hotmail.com
# Krister Perssson : krister.cacti@gmail.com
# David Carmona (Update): dacarmo@ono.com

echo ------------------- "Downloading Pinguino X IDE"

cd # this line here takes you back to desktop

# The line below will never function because
#  very simply the file doesn't exist ( Comments by mark2016)
wget http://pinguino32.googlecode.com/files/pinguino%20working%20version%
20208%20linux.tar.bz2

echo ------------------- "Unpacking Files and remove the .tar file"

# When it gets to here of course well script fails again instead of exiting at this stage
# it should do (Comments by mark 2016)

tar xjvf pinguino*.tar.bz2
rm pinguino*.tar.bz2
mv pinguino?w* pinguinoX.2

echo ------------------- "Checking for, and installing needed Packages."
echo ------------------- "This will take some time, please wait !"

#Script the propmpts for passwrd gets update (This works comments by mark2016)

sudo apt-get update > /dev/null
sudo apt-get install libusb-1.0-0 python-wxgtk2.8 python-usb

echo ------------------- "Creating Permissions"

# Of course it cant it cant unpack the file because wget didn't retrieve this file
# ( Comments by mark2016 )

cd pinguinoX.2

# Hence this line wont work either  No such file or directory (Comments By Mark 2016 )

sudo cp extra/41-microchip.rules /etc/udev/rules.d/
sudo cp extra/26-microchip.rules /etc/udev/rules.d/

chmod a+x *.py
sudo groupadd microchip
sudo usermod -a -G microchip $USER
cd

# Finally this line is echoed back to the std out
# and of course well you think its installed
# (Rubbish  its hasn't done anything of the sort ( Comments by mark2016 )

echo ------------------- "Pinguino IDE installed!"

Marvelous one thinks !!  Nope Im afraid not !!

See Line below !!

Quote:
Code:
wget http://pinguino32.googlecode.com/files/pinguino%20working%20version%
20208%20linux.tar.bz2

Uhm bad luck error 404 !!  No such file

So script comes back with error also note no error checking on script either
Not doing very well at all are we with this

Searching on Google for this file produces no results either

This is just plain mickey mouse this story  in fact its disgusting isn't it  Is this the standard Microchip
and other companies want to see ?? <<< I don't think they would be to happy about this do you ??

I don't !!

Ive added an attachment screen dump so you can see that i did go to the correct site and the part marked out in gray is the link as mentioned above  and ive included the code inspector screen dump for the website just to prove to you that I know that is the link you will see that screen dumps are all dated  so there can be no real argument with respect to this

Mark2016

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

10-01-2016, 09:36 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-01-2016, 09:48 PM by pingotg.)
That's the path on googlecode I used (a while ago) so someone has deleted the file(s) - or the site is down.

I doubt Olimex even know they've been removed by - whoever it was (not anyone in Olimex as I'm reasonably sure it was never they who put the file(s) there).

It was a 2011 file (older than the Internet Archive has).

In case you have any working IDE/toolchain but can't download Pinguino hex files to the board you can use a simple command line and likewise can see debug output with any terminal emulator (such as screen or minicom).

John
11-01-2016, 01:37 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-01-2016, 01:54 AM by Mark2016.)
(10-01-2016, 09:36 PM)pingotg Wrote: That's the path on googlecode I used (a while ago) so someone has deleted the file(s) - or the site is down.

I doubt Olimex even know they've been removed by - whoever it was (not anyone in Olimex as I'm reasonably sure it was never they who put the file(s) there).

It was a 2011 file (older than the Internet Archive has).

In case you have any working IDE/toolchain but can't download Pinguino hex files to the board you can use a simple command line and likewise can see debug output with any terminal emulator (such as screen or minicom).

John

Brilliant thats what we need how do we do this please thats what I have been asking for in previous posts Could someone enlighten me also on how to compile form the command line that to would be an enormous help

Then we can start to work on the other problems once we can see what happening there ( Team work strikes a huge glorious bell here )  Two head , sometime three better than just one perhaps !!

So lets see we need 
  • A working tool-chain first of all Question need a download link  also some instructions please?
  • An instruction set or set of instructions on how to compile using tool chain
    A worked example i.e blink would be the answer
  • A set of working instructions on how to upload via the usb port to the board

Finally we can then  go back to stage one again oor ground zero and we can then begin working on a suitable IDE that works  in what ever language is possibly suitable  and which will run on all OS without to much difficulty at all

Wouldn't this be far better do you not think collectively and then we save a company rather than request the the  company  who market these be shut down I think thats a far better idea don't you ?

Cheers ( Looking forward to responsible replies )

Mark2016
11-01-2016, 11:31 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-01-2016, 11:55 AM by pingotg.)
Several versions (of the software) were released by its creators and they worked.

Bear in mind the software has zero to do with Olimex. Olimex make boards and happened to make a few variants suitable for the software as it was.

I expect Olimex thought the Pinguino software would be improved not broken - I for sure thought that.

I think it's broken by accident and the creators are busy.

To me, as more python was used it got worse (more broken - the features might have been better if it had worked).

I got lucky: happened to get working (older) software and anyway don't use PIC32 that much (plus I use Linux and it always seemed easier to use there, partly as it's the gcc toolchain when all's said - just as Microchip's PIC32 compiler is).

Versions that seem OK: X.3 (rev 399) and X.4 (don't know the rev). X.4 used to be online even after newer ones came out as I recall new people mentioning it.

The older ones used mphidlash / ubw32 to write firmware to the board. Worked for me Smile
Also the IDE just triggered makefiles to compile & link. Again, worked for me. I tweaked them to save the intermediate files so I could see what code was generated (for me, I like to know).

Next... did a bit of googling and found X.4 may well be there but google have made it read only as they have basically walked away from hosting anything. Projects are forced to move. (WTF google???)

So, archive is https://code.google.com/archive/p/pinguino32

Looks like you could get X.4 from its Downloads (for Windows) or via svn (for Linux).
I suspect the svn path is https://code.google.com/p/pinguino32/sou...#ide%2Fx.4 but haven't tried it as I already have it!

Or X.3 for either OS.

Ye gods! I now read google only allow access via a version control client (here, svn) until THIS MONTH. google sucks (nowadays). google has become evil. This, on top of their appalling abuse of tax laws (like Apple etc).

John
11-01-2016, 05:53 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-01-2016, 06:24 PM by Mark2016.)
Thanks John will try this Any joy with any real instructions as yet for compiling from command line inside Linux terminal

The Google problem is affecting all Its the control but as usual
Nothing new is it All done to restrict what you can and can't learn Very childish od you ask me but there you go
11-01-2016, 05:55 PM,
X.4 on Windows does work forget Linux version
that one I've tried That's the compl
poker error that reports missing library

Thanks

Mark
11-01-2016, 06:56 PM,
On Linux you'll need that LD_ thing I posted.

John