Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IDE Problems Compiler problems
17-01-2016, 12:31 PM, (This post was last modified: 17-01-2016, 02:08 PM by Mark2016.)
RE: IDE Problems Compiler problems
You really are full of yourself John

Its not free software
Its software developed for the board so that people buy  the board based on the  advertisement that recommended software works with the board

So its not free at all Its advertised as working with Linux so thats rubbish for a  start

Quote:Quote From Olimex site

ARDUINO-UNO like board with PIC32MX220F032D.

Generally this board outperforms ARDUINO-UNO in regard to hardware capabilities as you can see from the table below:

Quote:Quote again from Olimex site 

(2nd point below Quote Pinguino Linux installation script )  Doesent say will only work on certain Disto's of Linux Its says quite clearly Linux ( There are no arguments re this thats what it says )

That is false advertising and you can be taken to court for this Again that simple including loss of use  Again very simple to understand ( Plain black and white that how the law works )

SOFTWARE

Below taken from this link again just for you john is a copy of that code quite clearly this does not work If it did there would be any complaints and certainly does not install  or work on ubantu 12.04

The installation fails and again you have a log of this

You also have in my posts a log of those errors
Code:
#!/bin/sh
# Script to install Pinguino IDE version beta X 208 in Ubuntu 10.04.
# Raul Zanardo : zanardo19@hotmail.com
# Krister Perssson : krister.cacti@gmail.com
# David Carmona (Update): dacarmo@ono.com

echo ------------------- "Downloading Pinguino X IDE"

cd
wget http://pinguino32.googlecode.com/files/pinguino%20working%20version%20208%20linux.tar.bz2

echo ------------------- "Unpacking Files and remove the .tar file"

tar xjvf pinguino*.tar.bz2
rm pinguino*.tar.bz2
mv pinguino?w* pinguinoX.2

echo ------------------- "Checking for, and installing needed Packages."
echo ------------------- "This will take some time, please wait !"

sudo apt-get update > /dev/null
sudo apt-get install libusb-1.0-0 python-wxgtk2.8 python-usb

echo ------------------- "Creating Permissions"

cd pinguinoX.2

sudo cp extra/41-microchip.rules /etc/udev/rules.d/
sudo cp extra/26-microchip.rules /etc/udev/rules.d/

chmod a+x *.py
sudo groupadd microchip
sudo usermod -a -G microchip $USER
cd

echo ------------------- "Pinguino IDE installed!"

Next your recommended links that you yourself have posted do not work Neither dose the installation  or indeed the compiler which means that the product as advertised is only half working People do not buy a development board with a compiler , IDE  which is advertised as working unless bot parts work there for it is not free  as an an entire product

( Again false advertising and a breaching a legal requirement set by trade and industry )

Next the compiler as advertised by http://www.pinguino.cc clearly says no arguments about this

Quote:Multi-platform ( taken directly from the site http://www.pinguino.cc )

Pinguino's IDE, libraries and compilers are all available for 32-Bit as well as 64-Bit GNU/Linux, Windows and Mac OS X.

This will be the next place this complaint will be escalated too  the department of trade and industry

I will go that far unless this is resolved As i feel Ive been quite patient quite fair about this  and equally I have given you all informations that you should need to identify this problem or negotiate with others to resolve

Below are the attachments take from screen dumps today at 10: 24am on the 17th January  2016

So there is a problem here Its is  a problem in which I can take both of you to a court of law you are bound under the consumer protection act to provide a working product If you advertise that software works in conjunction with the mx 220 development board as such if this doe-sent work you are  legally liable

And that is all there is to that one

So all your sill comments about moaning etc free software  I am quite within my rights to pursues legal action against you and forcibly ensure  you resolve this problem

No  if's , No buts , No this that and the other or any other excuse That is what you advertise that is what you recommend on both sites thats what consumers purchase on

That simple (Thats how the law works in this country ) take your bloody pick either resolve this or face  a full inquiry possibly on this case with a view to defrauding the public 

Correct 100% correct

And just for you john just to illustrate Im not buggering around with you or http://www.olimex.com Ive posted a warning to all concerned on face book for you too

I don't play games with people like this or companies who adopt this attitude

And here is the link for you which is shared on a public basis

https://www.facebook.com/mark.harrington.142892

Quote:Attention all any one expressing interest in the MX220 development board plus said compilers that are supposed to work on Linux please be advised these do not work as advertised

We are are experiencing some very serious difficulties with this IDE particularly in Ubuntu Linux  

Read  this before doing any business with this company http://www.olimex.com

Please  ensure students are aware of this and other persons interested in this  be that company or otherwise

Both company who markets this board and forum are aware of this but despite all repeated request to provide alternative solutions to this with subsequent reports that neither have yet come back with any suggestions other than suggestions recommended downloads that still do not resolve the problem

For further informations regards this please read my comments on this forum here please

http://forum.pinguino.cc/showthread.php?...3#pid11873

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

17-01-2016, 06:00 PM, (This post was last modified: 17-01-2016, 06:03 PM by pingotg.)
It's free. It wasn't developed to do what you claim.

I do use it with Linux and have done for years.

BTW, good luck with your legal ideas!! You've not much clue... I'll happily see you in court and look forward to you paying my costs.

John
22-01-2016, 05:31 PM, (This post was last modified: 23-01-2016, 01:42 AM by Mark2016.)
SUCCESS AT LAST with PINGUINO IDE x.4  

Compile, uploads hex  now

What a performance this was  ( Forget the scripts they suggest not one of them works on Ubuntu 12.04  )

Here are correct instructions to get this up and running for the Pic 32 pinguino mx-220 board

Installation Ubantu12.04 32 bit instructions only at present
Open a terminal and copy and paste the next 3 lines into your terminal

Code:
sudo  apt-get -y install subversion ia32-libs python-usb python-serial python-wxgtk2.8 lib32gmp3-dev lib32mpfr4 python-svn

Enter your password when prompted
Wait for this to complete

Next

You will , may recieve a warning about not being able to find ia32-lib   and lib32mpfr4

Ignore this warning This is because this has now been done away with and you don't need this anymore  Instead follow this instruction under the above circumstances in point 6 below

If you are still in terminal copy and past the following next 2 lines of code below If not open the terminal and copy the next two line of code btw <code> and </code>

Code:
sudo apt-get install libc6:i386 libgcc1:i386 gcc-4.6-base:i386 libstdc++5:i386 libstdc++6:i386

Let this complete

Next:

You can check python installed properly just by typing python on the terminal
This should give you the following prompt Python 2.7.3 (default, Jun 22 2015, 19:43:34)
[GCC 4.6.3] on linux2

Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information.
>>>  You now in and able to use python

To get out of this simply type exit()

This will return you back to command prompt

Next:

You will need to install subversion  otherwise you cannot copy the svn
If you closed your terminal re open it and copy and paste the following line
sudo apt-get  install subversion

Enter password when prompted and let it finish

Next:

From your home directory do the following

Code:
mkdir pinguino

This create a directory called pinguino

Next:

copy and paste the next line into your terminal at the command prompt

Code:
svn checkout http://pinguino32.googlecode.com/svn/ide pinguino

This sill copy a decent configuration to your directory called pinguino

Its Quite large so let it finish

Next:

Open up nautilus or similar file browser  and goto the directory pinguino you will see X.4 directory / folder

Go into that directory / folder

Delete the following files  and dircetories you wont be needing them

Quote:"win32" , "macos", "pingiono_start.bat" , "pinguinoOSX.command"

Now start up the pinguino IDE with the  either from terminal or using nautilus

Code:
pinguino_start.sh

Select your bourd open the blink example via the UI interface  which is located in ~/pinguino/examples

Now use the compile button on the UI this should now happily compile

Next:

Using the mX220 board  testing your install

There are two buttons on the board itself

Plug your board into the USB port  Holding the left button near the mini usb port keep this depressed and press the other button RHS  

Release the RHS button whilst still holding the LHS button

Now Release the LHS  button

The red led will flash then alternate btw the green and the red

This puts the pic 32 pinguino mx220 into flash mode

Now you can hit the upload button  which will reset the cpu on completion

Watch the small green led flash on the board if you not convinced its working you can alter the code here  to double check

The ide is very buggy still but at least it actually runs now in part

See below

Code:
void loop()
{
   toggle(USERLED); // alternate ON and OFF
/* see here for changes   to alter on -off time of the green led on the pcb itself

delay(500); // change this line to 100         // wait for 500ms

*/

/* Or ...
   digitalWrite(USERLED, HIGH);
   delay(20);      // wait for 50ms
   digitalWrite(USERLED, LOW);
   delay(20);      // wait for 50ms
*/

You  may / will see something about error on usb port in your ide ignore the hex  has uploaded

Woucha !! Talk about poor instructions or no instructions at all from this lot

Here is a dropbox link for all of you who have had nothing but agro with this on Linux 12.04 Ubuntu
If you have all other pre requisites as mentioned above you can just simply unzip this file below

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cf72ryemiia0rl...ar.gz?dl=0

A whole month and no one could show anyone how to do this on this site !!  I cannot credit how poor instructions are on this or scripts for Linux

Bloody awful to say the least !!  

I hope you can do a little better than this  you cannot perceive what this does to peoples trust or the industry or for people who would like to but cant because of such poor instructions

Excellent news Just as well some of us don't adopt this attitude and give up

I hope its helps a few people with the same problems

You can see all details of this on face-book plus a video showing you how too on Ubuntu 12.04 with this mx220 board now working

Here is the address
https://www.facebook.com/mark.harrington.142892

(PS I don't give in till i get it right and working in 98% of cases )
Miracles take a while the impossible takes a  little longer bare with me those in need
24-02-2016, 12:28 PM,
Now that the LINUX issue is sorted could someone tell me how to get my PIC32 PENGUINO-MICRO to communicate with Windows please?
25-02-2016, 03:28 PM,
When did you buy it? Does it even have the Pinguino bootloader? I think you can tell by putting it into boot mode and see which LEDs flash.

(I can't help with Windows as I avoid it.)

John