Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Install on Fedora 23 getting error compiling ethernet example
21-03-2016, 04:34 PM,
Install on Fedora 23 getting error compiling ethernet example
Hi,

I used the following script to install the lastest as of today 3/21/2016 files from github on a Fedora 23 PC.

The ide seens to be working fine as I can compile and upload (the blink example) to my pinguinos (2550 or 4550).

Here is the script I used for install:

.txt   get.txt (Size: 2.23 KB / Downloads: 2)

however when i try to compile the example ethernet_web_temp.pde I get the following error:

/dvpt/pinguino/git-copy/pinguino-compilers/sources/sdcc/src/pic16/main.c:701 setting interrupt vector addresses 0xc00
In file included from /root/.pinguino/source/main.c:39:
/root/.pinguino/source/define.h:9:30: error: missing terminating > character
Processor: 18f4550
sdcc: Calling preprocessor...
sdcc: Generating code...
/opt/pinguino/pinguino-libraries-master/p8/include/pinguino/core/typedef.h:48: syntax error: token -> '1' ; column 27
sdcpp: fatal error: when writing output to : Broken pipe

is this something that I have mis-configured or is there a bug somewhere.

thanks!
earl
21-03-2016, 05:15 PM,
RE: Install on Fedora 23 getting error compiling ethernet example
It seems I did not have the install path set correctly. (when the install path is correct, it copies the needed source and examples to the user directory so I shortened the script)

So here is the new script I used to install:

.txt   get.txt (Size: 1.55 KB / Downloads: 2)

Now when i compile the example ethernet script, I get this error:

In file included from /root/.pinguino/source/main.c:39:
/root/.pinguino/source/define.h:9:30: error: missing terminating > character
Processor: 18f2550
/opt/pinguino/pinguino-libraries-master/p8/include/pinguino/core/typedef.h:48: syntax error: token -> '1' ; column 27
sdcpp: fatal error: when writing output to : Broken pipe

and looking a the define.h file there is this:

#include <ethernet/ethernet.c
#include <ethernet/ethernet.c>^M

which is definitely a bug.. somewhere..

Any help on this would be appreciated!

thanks
earl
21-03-2016, 06:37 PM, (This post was last modified: 21-03-2016, 06:38 PM by gtcbreizh.)
Hello,
Since I wrote this ethernet sketch there were many changes particularly with SPI.
I am going to update rapidly.
Waiting would you try a DS18B20 sketch to insure this is OK on your side.
Furthermore I fear I have to optimize the ethernet library for a 18f4550. Usually for the ethernet projects I use a 18f47j53.
Bye
André
21-03-2016, 07:25 PM,
(21-03-2016, 06:37 PM)gtcbreizh Wrote: Hello,
Since I wrote this ethernet sketch there were many changes particularly with SPI.
Furthermore I fear I have to optimize the ethernet library for a 18f4550. Usually for the ethernet projects I use a 18f47j53.
Bye
André

Hi André

The thermometer.pde compiles fine but the the temp18b20.pdr sketch does not compile. Here is the error:

Processor: 18f4550

thanks
earl

By the way this is the latest install script i am using for Fedora23 (it installs all the pre-requisites). No errors or warnings now when i load the ide so I am sure that everything is working fine. Perhaps it will be helpful for anyone else using the fedora distro.

.txt   get.txt (Size: 1.75 KB / Downloads: 6)
29-03-2016, 12:03 AM,
(21-03-2016, 06:37 PM)gtcbreizh Wrote: Hello,
Bye
André

Hi André

Is there any version of the ide/libraries I can try in order to get the ethernet library to work with the 18f4550?

thanks,
earl
30-03-2016, 01:58 PM,
Hi earl,
I'm sorry for now I have not a solid solution.
I corrected the defects/ compilation errors that you have noted and tried to optimize the code for the 18f4550 limited memory.
However the connexions to the PC host /web browser are random, even with my 18f47j53.
Two weeks ago I changed my box (DSL modem + router + phone) and I think it generates timing problems.
I go on to find a better solution in order to propose it to you.
Bye
30-03-2016, 03:11 PM,
(30-03-2016, 01:58 PM)gtcbreizh Wrote: Hi earl,
I'm sorry for now I have not a solid solution.
I corrected the defects/ compilation errors that you have noted and tried to optimize the code for the 18f4550 limited memory.
However the connexions to the PC host /web browser are random, even with my 18f47j53.
Two weeks ago I changed my box (DSL modem + router + phone) and I think it generates timing problems.
I go on to find a better solution in order to propose it to you.
Bye

THANKS! I greatly appreciate your efforts! Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help!

Earl