Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No backend available in iIndows 10
04-04-2016, 08:26 PM,
No backend available in iIndows 10
I attempt to install IDE v11 on a Windows 10 machine 64 bit OS.  The whole installation process is ok, no errors. 
I connected a Pinguino 32mx250 diy board.  
In the board driver installation the wizard found the HID bootloader and make the inf file. Driver installation went ok. 
However i compiled the blink example and got "no backend available" when uploading.  
It seems that python is unable to access the usb.   The traceback error is 

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\pinguino\qtgui\ide\methods\decorators.py", line 281, in wrapped

return fn(Pinguino, *args, **kwargs)

File "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\pinguino\qtgui\ide\methods\decorators.py", line 25, in wrapped

return fn(Pinguino, *args, **kwargs)

File "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\pinguino\qtgui\ide\methods\core.py", line 857, in pinguino_upload

uploaded, result = self.pinguinoAPI.upload()

File "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\pinguino\qtgui\pinguino_core\pinguino.py", line 137, in upload

data = self.__upload__()

File "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\pinguino\qtgui\pinguino_core\pinguino_tools.py", line 287, in __upload__

result = self.upload_hex()

File "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\pinguino\qtgui\pinguino_core\uploader\uploader.py", line 230, in upload_hex

self.uploader.uploadDevice(self.hex_file, self.board)

File "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\pinguino\qtgui\pinguino_core\uploader\uploader32.py", line 824, in uploadDevice

device = self.getDevice(board)

File "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\pinguino\qtgui\pinguino_core\uploader\uploader.py", line 90, in getDevice

busses = usb.busses()

File "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\usb\legacy.py", line 340, in busses

_interop._sorted(core.find(find_all=True), key=lambda d: d.bus),

File "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\usb\core.py", line 1199, in find

raise ValueError('No backend available')
ValueError: No backend available

I repeated the installation process a few time removing all components with no luck. 
I cannot figure out why usb cannot be accessed.

For testing i installed the v11 on an other Windows 7 32 bit machine without problem. Compile and upload work perfectly. 
i need help to track down the problem.  May be some file permission wrong ?

Bye, Fabio.
04-04-2016, 09:31 PM,
RE: No backend available in iIndows 10
For the 32mx250 with a HID bootloader I met the same difficulties in August 2015 when i changed Windows 7 for Windows 10.
I have only a poor solution to propose you. You can upload a hex file with mphidflash.exe. It was used in IDE x.4.
Syntax : mphidflash -write test.hex.
Have a look at uceide.org too with the pic32 pinguino micro or  Chipkit DP32 (a pic32 32mx250).
05-04-2016, 10:16 AM,
(04-04-2016, 09:31 PM)gtcbreizh Wrote: For the 32mx250 with a HID bootloader I met the same difficulties in August 2015 when i changed Windows 7 for Windows 10.
I have only a poor solution to propose you. You can upload a hex file with mphidflash.exe. It was used in IDE x.4.
Have a look at uceide.org too with the pic32 pinguino micro or  Chipkit DP32 (a pic32 32mx250).

Hi, tnx for your hints. I have access to other machines with Windows 7 so upload the hex is not a problem.  I checked either on 32 bit and 64 bit. 
Howerver i was investigating why the process fail in Windows 10 64 bit for troubleshooting. 

At this time i am unable to say if it is something related to the IDE code that does not work properly or if it's something related to Windows 10 operating system. 

I checked that libusb0 is installed and working.  Operating system find and enumerate the HID device.  With zadig software i tried also to install drivers, the driver wizard does not report errors at the end of IDE installation.  However when the usb.busses() function is invoked it does not return any device.  

Would be interesting to check if the IDE installation on Windows 10 32 bit works, instead of 64 bit, to check if there is a correlation.
It seam to me that pyUSB python code cannot access the USB bus for some reason. From what i saw looking at the code three backends are checked 
libusb0, libusb1 and openusb.  None of them seems to works.

Maybe someone have other evidences or made experiments. 
Tnx for now, Fabio.
05-04-2016, 08:12 PM,
Hi Fabio,
This issue is now on the top of my todo list.
We keep in touch ...

It is easier to complain than it is to do, but it is better to do than it is to complain.
13-04-2016, 08:02 PM,
Windows installer v1.7.0.7 and LibUSB driver wizard seem to solve the problem.
So run the installer and allow it to install the Pinguino drivers.
You will have to connect your board and activate the bootloader mode before.
It is easier to complain than it is to do, but it is better to do than it is to complain.
15-05-2017, 03:24 PM,
(05-04-2016, 10:16 AM)fcapozzi Wrote:
(04-04-2016, 09:31 PM)gtcbreizh Wrote: For the 32mx250 with a HID bootloader I met the same difficulties in August 2015 when i changed Windows 7 for Windows 10.

Hi, tnx for your hints. I have access to other machines with Windows 7 so upload the hex is not a problem.  I checked either on 32 bit and 64 bit. 
Howerver i was investigating why the process fail in Windows 10 64 bit for troubleshooting. 

At this time i am unable to say if it is something related to the IDE code that does not work properly or if it's something related to Windows 10 operating system. 

I checked that libusb0 is installed and working.  Operating system find and enumerate the HID device.  With zadig software i tried also to install drivers, the driver wizard does not report errors at the end of IDE installation.  However when the usb.busses() function is invoked it does not return any device.  

Would be interesting to check if the IDE installation on Windows 10 32 bit works, instead of 64 bit, to check if there is a correlation.
It seam to me that pyUSB python code cannot access the USB bus for some reason. From what i saw looking at the code three backends are checked 
libusb0, libusb1 and openusb.  None of them seems to works.

Maybe someone have other evidences or made experiments. 
Tnx for now, Fabio.

I faced same problem. I guess i know why this error occured, when you told that upload worked fine in win7x86 and not in win10x64. I did the following procedure to see if it works.
1> uninstall current python (2.7x86_64).
2> install python 2.7x86.
3> reinstall pinguino with help of pinguino installer.
then i compiled and the code and tried to upload it to pinguino(4550tiny)
and voila! it works. Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin